Steens TACO Mini Bike site

kbs8ball

How good is that rear bumper welded on?:lol: is that the wrong swing arm? you keeping those forks? well it doesnt look too bad...

The swing arms would be easy to duplicate out of flat stock. I can make templates off of my 44 that I'm in the middle of building.

Last edited:
Steen's TACO Mini Bikes has been updated.
Check out the 2 new updates :

1. There is a brand new section called “Mac’s Corner”. That’s right Mac’s Corner vol.1 on TACO rear shocks.

2. Catalog errors, and if you have a TACO please send pictures for the registry so we can all figure out catalog errors. I'm looking for TACO22 serial numbers to try and figure out rear post welds. Your TACO doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be a TACO. The more TACO pictures we can get on the site the more we can talk about how STEEN’S manufacture their Mini Bikes from year to year. And if you can find an error I will ad it to the catalog errors page.

Check out the new updates.

http://www.steenstacominibikes.com/Index_Home.html

Thanks,
TACO Don

One more thing, I’ve given up on trying to make a once a year West Coast Vintage Mini Bikes day at Adam's Kart Track. ( The oldest Go Kart Track in the counrty) No one responded to my last thread about this I’m guessing no one wants to do it. But I wonder if any one is going to bring their mini bike to the vintage kart BBQ sat feb 2nd. Is any one going to bring a mini bike to the BBQ?

I have a funny story about Taco mini bikes. It took place in the late 1060's in Signal Hill, Calif . A new shop was opening up in a vacant lumber yard and the two men who were the owners just received their first shipment of Taco Mini Bikes and went to work putting together 3 Briggs & Stratton powered 5 HP mini's and their they sat all gas-ed up read for the new buyers . Well one of the owners had to leave and took the only drivable vehicle .
While he was gone three young boys came buy and were looking at the mini's and when the owner was distracted they took off with all three mini's and they were never caught but the bare frames were found in a vacant lot a few months later. So beware of where you leave your toys LOL Steve

STEEN’S TACO Mini Bike update 3.25.08

New updates with new Articales, Ads, and new TACO registry photos.
Remember if you have a TACO Mini Bike PLEASE send photos of your TACO and of the serial numbers to put on the registry. Very important so we can decode the passed.
And coming soon Vol. II – “Mac’s Corner” Look for it.
Thanks,
TACO Don

Steen's TACO Mini Bikes

Would it be an unpardonable sin to make your own Taco ??? Is their a patten on the taco frame ? Hardest thing to do would be to make the ends of the tubing flat like so many manufactures of early frames did . I found a Taco 44 in Vancouver where I bought the Bonanza 1300. I better go get it away from the guy. It was just a rolling frame. So if a taco in the bush is worth so much why not make your own .
steve

Don the site is Awesome .............my brother had a Frijole, i had a 100 and later raced a Bonanza with a twin carbed Mac that i still have

STEEN'S TACO Mini Bike Site Update

It's finally here the STEEN'S TACO web site update.
Check out the story of STEEN'S Chemical and Luburcants and a little History on the Mini Bike.

STEEN'S History

Thanks,
TACO Don

Mac Nice avatar

:smile:
Neither of the two early frames(1963 & ?) I have were ever broken. Maybe the rear suspension saved the frame.

....and the rear shocks on the 1963 Taco are plastic, even the chrome part.

(The value on my frames JUST went up)

tomsprops

Silly Me ! I started reading this post from the start thinking it was a new post ! As TacoDon had just E-mailed me about the update . I was laughing at the replies thinking why are these guy F-----G with Don so much ? Then I realized that this post had started a couple of years ago ! :doah:
Anyway's , to answer a old post " What makes Taco's so Cool ? " just look at Don's site ! :thumbsup:

I got fooled by the old post too. I guess now that I officially own a TACO 22 ( Not here yet ) I guess my little Zebra 300 will be Jealous of all the attention the Taco will enjoy.
Quoting Wimpy ( I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a TACO today ) :smile:
Steve :scooter: