Stock Predator Wont Idle

Was running great on 4th of July week. Parked it for a few weeks, then last weekend it only stayed idling with choke on. If I hit throttle with choke off it ran, but only at high speed close to WOT.

I made no adjustments after it was parked. Any ideas?

Attachments

Nice bike ShapeShifter ! :thumbsup: and buck is right ..this ethanol gas we buy today is junk ! Clean your carb, and if you need help doing it, just ask and we'll help you .:hammer::grind::laugh:

Nice bike ShapeShifter ! :thumbsup: and buck is right ..this ethanol gas we buy today is junk ! Clean your carb, and if you need help doing it, just ask and we'll help you .:hammer::grind::laugh:
Thanks! It actually has front suspension, hydraulic brake, and a TC now. This thing has been completely trouble free for a couple of years. I guess its time for some maintenance.

Attachments

Nice bike ShapeShifter ! :thumbsup: and buck is right ..this ethanol gas we buy today is junk !

OND is correct. Start adding a good fuel stabilizer to you gasoline like "Sta-Bil". We have been doing it for years, and even with our ethanol-laden California gas we have had ZERO problems.
Michael

Just my 2 cents..

My 212 wouldn't stay running for more than 60 seconds and I had a hell of a time figuring out what was up. It ended up being that the gas tank vent hose was clogged with a bit of dirt and would create a vacuum so that gas couldn't flow to the carb. A bit of compressed air and all is good!

I had the same problem... Cleaned the carb and still the same problem...I did leave gas in the carb and had no stabilizer in feul...man us new booties can screw things up..LoL..thanks all for the advice I will do better...and make sure to ride more often..