Stolen Taco Mini Bikes

capguncowboy

A friend of mine used to drag race and had spent the last 6 years building a $150k drag car out of his first car -- a 64 Mustang. He had it in a car hauler parked in his driveway so he could take it to a race the next day. Someone backed down during the middle of the day and stole the trailer. The good news is that he did manage to find his car and get it back. The bad news is that it was stripped down to a bare frame.

I hope you get your bikes back and have an opportunity to kick the thief in the nuts. Would be nice to get your trailer back too

Sad news! Really bad thing about things like this is that to those guys they may as well be $50 minibikes that they may scrap to get rid of evidence. Hopefully they pop up. My buddy had some finished bikes jacked a few years ago and they have never surfaced around here or on the net that I know of...

I'll keep my fingers crossed the are dumb enough to sell and you can catch them. Them send them to me so i can sort them out old school.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:
WOW! That sucks. I would bet they didn't know what was in the trailer.:crying:

And I would also bet they don't want any of it. When they research what they have and how hard it going to be to unload without throwing red flags they will dump the items.

If it was me. I would be staking every scrape yard for the next few months or at least alert the scrap yards of what happen and to keep eye out for a load coming in on the scale. In your trailer. Starting today!

They wanted your trailer! And unless they scrape they will probable all be recovered at a bottom of a lake. It sucks. I know! But it cant be burned and destroyed they make it disappear. AS*(&*& holes!

1stlegendtx

You should post Mini Bike wanted ads in every craigs list from CA to TX. They may try to sell them that way so they don't have to post an ad. Trying to sell those bikes would be like trying to sell a Rembrandt.

Thanks everyone for the support and keeping a eye out for them.

I think the thefts just wanted the trailer and don't know what they have, but who knows.

I've talk to the cops today gave them pics and checking traffic signal video tomorrow morning.

By the way if someone finds the whole collect I would pay a $1,000 reward.

Its a twenty year collection that I could probably never recreate.

Stolen Taco Update 2014.08.26

So I walk around the neighborhood looking for cameras and noticed that in Burbank there are cameras at a lot of intersections. I then went to the Burbank Traffic Dept. and ask them if the had recorded video. They told yes they do and let me go through about 12 hrs of video and I found this shot of the guy driving away with my trailer @ 5:55am Sunday morning. There are 3 other shots of the guy one of them turn off my street to this intersection.

I think it is a newer Chevy pick up Black or Dark Blue maybe a crew cab

That's awesome detective work there Taco Don. Are there other camera angles to get a look at the plate, maybe it's time to get a detective involved if you haven't already.
Keep your hopes up!!

Tell them the trailer was full of Krispy Cremes. :lol:

I hope they find them. The guys who stole it probably didn't think about those traffic cams. Good Luck!