Swing Arm: extension

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I think he means like the way the do with dragbikes?
Extend the wheelbase

But by saying the front forks makes me think he wants more rake, like a chopper?

You may be right but choppers are all over the place and for him to ask if anyone has done it is .......well........:eek:ut:

Hopefully he'll come back and elaborate a bit on it maybe with a drawing even.

Hi, sorry not enough detail
My rear wheel hits the frame so I need about 3 or 4 inches for clearance.

I cut pieces off front shocks to add to back with little pieces of tube to join the extension pieces.

I placed ends of fork pieces in vise, compressed to use for rear wheel axle and bolts.

125ccCrazy

I've built stretched swingarms for our mid bikes and I'm currently building a stretched out Wards mb....

drill a hole in each piece and then plug weld the sleeves to the swingarm and the extension besides butt welding the two halves together...

I've built stretched swingarms for our mid bikes and I'm currently building a stretched out Wards mb....

drill a hole in each piece and then plug weld the sleeves to the swingarm and the extension besides butt welding the two halves together...
Can' t use the weld idea, I was going to run bolts through each side.

No access to a welder?? I wouldn't trust bolts, thats just gonna be a weak spot where you drill the holes plus a flex point...

any chance your near Toledo, Oh?? if so I can weld it up for ya...
Thanks for the offer, but Im in bel air, md

What would something like that cost to have welded?

I am trying to understand what you are meaning:doah:.

If I drill a (small?) hole in swing arm part, then one hole (top and bottom)? on extension, would I drill the holes all the way through the connector piece or just through the first layer of metal then drop a weld in the hole to grab the connector?

If the seem is welded, should I leave a slight gap so the weld fills in the gap then I can file down so it is smooth like one piece?

a plug weld looks like this pic. drill 2-4 holes in the swingarm and extension pieces. DONT drill the connector piece. Slide the connector 1/2 its length into swingarm, fill holes w/ weld to bond swingarm to connector. then slide on extensions. Fill holes w/ weld. Make sure its all lined up first. Now they are all joined together. you can now weld around the seam.
Get it?:smile: In the pic...............
the part here on the left is swingarm. the part here on right is connector

125ccCrazy

a plug weld looks like this pic. drill 2-4 holes in the swingarm and extension pieces. DONT drill the connector piece. Slide the connector 1/2 its length into swingarm, fill holes w/ weld to bond swingarm to connector. then slide on extensions. Fill holes w/ weld. Make sure its all lined up first. Now they are all joined together. you can now weld around the seam.
[/IMG]
Thats exactly right.... Thanks for the help on explaining it..