Taco 22 finally from 3 years ago....

Decided to work on this while I figure out how to print my fork plate for my Trail "Rat" Horse bike. Oh, and I still need to get an engine for my Hornet project as well.

I bought this way back in April 2010 not long after I joined OldMiniBikes. Back then I didn't know what I had.

Just got back with this......

The pictures got moved on my photobucket so here is what it looked like when I got it home.

So I have been gathering parts for it. I bought a seat, grips, matching rear tire, Manco rear wheel/sprocket (temporary), kick stand, foot peg and brake peg rubbers, fiberglass clutch guard and a nice 3hp Briggs. I also removed the angle iron that was added to the forks.

I still have a little more work to do to the forks. I am hoping to sand blast the frame this coming weekend but I did repaint the engine and added new decals. Just need a new muffler.

WOW Tom!! Great job on the forks!! Must have been quite a job to remove all that angle iron!:grind::grind::grind::grind:Oh yeah great job on the engine!!:thumbsup:

Great bike. We need to start a thread on old Taco painted red or orange. Every bike I have bought has been the standard "used Taco red" . What is with that.

Decided to work on this while I figure out how to print my fork plate for my Trail "Rat" Horse bike. Oh, and I still need to get an engine for my Hornet project as well.

I bought this way back in April 2010 not long after I joined OldMiniBikes. Back then I didn't know what I had.

Just got back with this......

The pictures got moved on my photobucket so here is what it looked like when I got it home.

So I have been gathering parts for it. I bought a seat, grips, matching rear tire, Manco rear wheel/sprocket (temporary), kick stand, foot peg and brake peg rubbers, fiberglass clutch guard and a nice 3hp Briggs. I also removed the angle iron that was added to the forks.

I still have a little more work to do to the forks. I am hoping to sand blast the frame this coming weekend but I did repaint the engine and added new decals. Just need a new muffler.

That engine is awesome:drool:

Today I got the sandblast cabinet set up and got to work.

Some of the original color under that ugly orange.

An old repair hidden by the layers of paint.

The final product. Just need to clean up some of those old repair welds and finish smoothing out the forks.