Taco 44

Hounddog

Taco

Thanks Hodaka, It takes a lot to put these old ones together as you know...
Back in 73,74 I raced a totally custom tricked out Hodaka Combat Wombat from Japan. I had the full race spec 34mm custom carb, full custom down pipe, custom porting, giant read valve, new box aluminum swingarm, custom frame mods, wheels, new forks, new bars, plastic tank, custom footpegs, etc...etc...The bike weighted 172.5 lbs. w/1/2 tank of gas. I worked in a local shop and used to be able to do a complete rebuild of my bike in 1.0+- hour. At the time the new Honda Elsinore 125's were coming out and my bike totally smoked them...It was a great time indeed....Hodaka's were great bikes....Great memories....

Thanks for the compliments and for keeping Hodaka alive...:thumbsup:

HD

Just finished a rebuild of my 68' Taco 44. Here are a few pictures.

HD
Hounddog!:smile: Im impressed! Your Taco 44 is sooo clean!:thumbsup: Great job! I have a 1968 Taco 22 and a 1970 Taco 99 and would like to...one day do the same thing!:pimp: Id like to do the Taco 22 first!:smile:

That 44 is real sweet.:drool: Hodakas were the bike to beat back in the days. I remember a young lady by the name of Sue Fish that rode Hodakas and put some hurt on the boys before she got a factory Yamaha ride.