Taco Super Trail 100

A couple years ago, while at Taco Bills looking at his collection of Tacos, I feel in love with the T100... specifically ST100. Since then I had been looking for one, that wouldnt cost me an arm and a leg. Since then, I had missed a couple of them. Well one found me thanks you Slywilliez. Great to deal with to say the least... got it and in the condition promised. This is my 69 Camaro of mini bikes (one of my dream cars). Out of all the crazy projects I have, I can finally say, Im into mini bikes... lol. This was really the only vintage bike, I really wanted.

Clever way of packing it, which my UPS driver said, it was the best he had seen... and helped in transporting it (he told me he used to have a taco 44 too). anyhow... i have to ship a few bike and will be using this method next... even with no conventional box... was very well packaged for delivery...

Thanks again Slywilliez (by the way you have some awesome mini bikes)...

i think i mocked the front brake up on the wrong side, but thats ok, just need to put together what I had so I could make a list and do some research

CarPlayLB

Nice bike G!
Ya know, as I am also starting to build one of these, I am going to have a lot of questions. Hopefully some of the Taco guys will chime in!

My brake hubs are exactly like yours...neither has a mounting point for a cable. What is the fixed point for the end of the cable? I have seen hubs that have an integral mount point cast into the hub, but the Z50's have the attachment point on the forks.

I'll be watching! Thanks for sharing!

Great score! Did you eyeball Slywilliez' Bonanzas?

I'm almost afraid to ask....what is the planned power plant? Certainly you wont waste one of those high dollar hot rod motors in this old vintage POS! :laugh:

I'd love to see what you can do with a vintage build after looking at your past drag bikes and trike!

thanks

Very cool Hope you make a project thread for it, your builds are always a good read.
will be a project thread, thanks

Nice bike G!
Ya know, as I am also starting to build one of these, I am going to have a lot of questions. Hopefully some of the Taco guys will chime in!

My brake hubs are exactly like yours...neither has a mounting point for a cable. What is the fixed point for the end of the cable? I have seen hubs that have an integral mount point cast into the hub, but the Z50's have the attachment point on the forks.

I'll be watching! Thanks for sharing!
we will work out any problems, if i can match the brake pedal with my programming skills and laser cut em, ill make some extras etc.. hopefully the experts chime in

Great score! Did you eyeball Slywilliez' Bonanzas?

I'm almost afraid to ask....what is the planned power plant? Certainly you wont waste one of those high dollar hot rod motors in this old vintage POS! :laugh:

I'd love to see what you can do with a vintage build after looking at your past drag bikes and trike!
yes, looked at his Bonanzas, beautiful... as far as transplant, def looking for a HS40 in great condition and for the routine shows etc... i hope to do this bike justice... however, i have a need for speed and while in will not put a honda or clone on this... i will put a nicely built flathead of some sorts on it... hopefully with some crazy power... if i find a very nice HS40, before i dump any money into a blockzilla or raptor for the spare motor, then i will force myself to think about abandoning the idea of making this motor too radical! but i need help finding a great deal on one and quick... i hope to move forward on this real soon here.. no matter what im gettin an hs40 to keep for as long as i have this bike, which i dont ever intend to sell... but if i ride it, it has to be fun for me and a stock hs40 wont do it...

SWEET!!! I have one too. Mine is also missing the brake pedal. I have been meaning to start a project log soon.
thanks, if i can re make the pedal and any other parts, i can make some extras and offer them at a great price

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

original color... purple
Careful G...those are fightin' words around here! I believe these were originally blue. But my thought is, I have heard of a purple Taco, a pink taco, and Taco Tuesday...but a blue Taco? I can't bring myself to that! I believe mine will be purple!

Careful G...those are fightin' words around here! I believe these were originally blue. But my thought is, I have heard of a purple Taco, a pink taco, and Taco Tuesday...but a blue Taco? I can't bring myself to that! I believe mine will be purple!
If you're powder coating them, what's the difference? Unless you're using vintage, original Taco powder coating of course. :laugh:

CarPlayLB

If you're powder coating them, what's the difference? Unless you're using vintage, original Taco powder coating of course. :laugh:
Uhh YUUP! That's what I am getting...original Taco purple powder coat!
G, I have used Prismatic Powder's "Illusion Purple" on my other Tacos. Looks good to me...unless of course you can find some NOS Taco blue powder!:no:

G, I have used Prismatic Powder's "Illusion Purple" on my other Tacos. Looks good to me...unless of course you can find some NOS Taco blue powder!:no:
As long as it isn't "Plum Crazy." LOL. Geralds bike was blue. He has the low VOC recipe for Taco Purple....which always looks blue in pictures in the sun or with flash.

i thought mine was blue also, but may have somehow faded etc, cause under the handle bar clamps, it looks more purple.. smh!

lol
i really want to powder coat it, but am going to do a spray out with Daves mix and see if it is closer to the original color, however I know Chip Foose actually had a can of original paint/purple for them and successfully brought it back to life... Ive met him before, he is pretty cool, i may take a trip and see if i can acquire some... wont cost "too" much i dont think...

As long as it isn't "Plum Crazy." LOL. Geralds bike was blue. He has the low VOC recipe for Taco Purple....which always looks blue in pictures in the sun or with flash.
will attempt to do a spray out with your mix...