Taco T100 fork springs

CarPlayLB

Hello Taco fans!
I acquired a bunch of parts that look like sCRAP, but will eventually become a Taco T100. I have all the important parts. I took the front forks apart and found the springs are welded to the lowers. The welds look factory. The spring is still wound into the fork like they should be, but they are welded. After an extensive Google search I found another member here that had the same question (very old thread) that was never answered.
I am no stranger to a taco, but my Taco knowledge is limited! Can anyone help this amigo?

I am at work, but I can post some photos later

the Taco springs on the front fork are held in place by a piece of spring welded to both the forks and the lower legs. the spring is screwed on to the desired depth and when you put the axle on it holds them in place. I think you can make the pics I uploaded bigger to see what I mean. I hope this helps you guys.

Rocco... Oh yeah OldMiniBikes has brand new T100 chrome front springs.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

The fork lowers I have have the spring wound on like Rocco says, but after they were wound on, they were welded. By the looks of the other welds on this bike, there is no way the previous wanna-be welder did it! They look like factory welds! I have a Taco 22 I am doing right now, so I am familiar with how everything was screwed together with the spring and held in check with the axle

CarPlayLB

Thanks Chad.
Are you springs welded to the for lower? I know how they go together, I am just not sure that they are supposed to be welded. Any chance you can get me a pic with the fork lower removed?

Eric,

The front wheel is still on this bike. I can try and get it apart on my lunch break. However, I took a pretty good look and cannot see and weld at the lower/spring area. Stay tuned...:anon.sml:

Kinda sore subject of a couple years ago...started some ill will...I don't believe they made one, and OMBW does not sell one
They may not have it, but I have a ST 100 for sale in the classifieds :deal:(shameless plug)....

Back to the fork springs, on my T100 they were NOT welded on, they just screwed together. They were trashed beyond saving (but I still have them in the scrap pile I think). This is the only pic I have currently of the uppers(I was using the uppers as a spacer in my press when I was fixing another frame:grind:)

These were the lowers, I sold them a while ago and got a Trail Tamer from Evil Ed and never looked back:pimp:

CarPlayLB

Thanks for the pic Mark...that is exactly what I needed to see! My fork lowers are the same as what you have pictured. Looks like I have more grinding to do! I believe that is the same spring that the other Tacos, such as a 22, used...right?

...and yes Mark, I looked long and hard at the ST100 you have for sale. If your listing had 200 views, 100 were from me! Thought about making you and indecent proposal, but this is a family site!:crying:

Thank you again!

No sweat:thumbsup:. As far as I know the springs are the same.

You can feel free to make an offer on the ST100, I'm not easily offended:biggrin: