Taking a ride on some survivors (Picture Heavy)

capguncowboy

Last week, TheJoker came down from the Chicago area for a visit here in East Tennessee. He brought a few engines and we went through them to get them running, and spent a couple of days going through and cleaning up his bike and getting it ready for a ride.

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a new piece for my bike. Joe brought it down from the guy I bought it from. So, what was it? The nearly impossible to find Gilson exhaust pipe. I can't lie, I was pretty excited about it. My Gilson survivor now has all the missing pieces. I still need to fix the broken recoil, but it's all there. Now I can move on to my other projects.

Joe picked up a Cat 400x from Buckeye a few weeks back. He had it shipped to me to since he was coming here anyway, and it was cheaper to ship here anyway. We put it together and got everything adjusted. After a few hours, we were ready to take them out for a spin.

I always forget how much I enjoy riding these old bikes. These two especially were pretty sweet. They ran like tops and they rode even better. We ran into a couple of issues with the chains, but we were able to get plenty of riding in anyway.

When we got back to the house, we made sure to take a ton of pictures. I always mean to get some good pictures of my Gilson but it's always in the back of the garage under some junk and it's too much work. The entire week was worth it for the pictures alone. I wanted to get a video of us riding, but somehow completely forgot.

1stBxMopar

Awesome that you guys are enjoying those bikes in their original condition........they were meant to ride and enjoy, yet we are their caretakers, and you guys are doing all of the above, riding, enjoying and taking care of them..........:thumbsup:

Me and my family had a blast. It was the best vacation. Thanks again andrew for having us. Your family was great.
O and I taught andrew how to use a rubber mallet.:laugh:

capguncowboy

Me and my family had a blast. It was the best vacation. Thanks again andrew for having us. Your family was great.
O and I taught andrew how to use a rubber mallet.:laugh:
My boys are still a little sore! We had a blast too. I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime

The rear gas tank one is extra cool :thumbsup: is that the Gilson guessing on account the paint looks like a ringer for a Gilson Snowblower (head scratch)

buckeye

It amazes me how this goofy hobby brings total strangers together.
And let them stay at your house.:laugh:

Good thing I,shipped that toilet.
Poor Joker would have been lost trying to find the outhouse.:laugh: