Tass's Bobber Build

I don't know if it's the wheels, bars, frame, or all of it together- but that bike looks so tight. It's got an attitude. Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words :smile:

I have been thinking about the drive line and decided to ditch the chain and sprockets to go all belts. I'm trying to keep a "smooth" look to my frame so I'm avoid any sharp corners or bent sheet metal fabrication.

I took an unconventional approach to adding the jackshaft and I think it really fits with my theme. Here are a few pics.

One note....the rear pulley will gets some detail punched into it and not remain a solid pulley.

incredible build. but, you lost me with the belt drive. A classic jack shaft would still look "period" correct and work nicely.

Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:
just my Opinion

incredible build. but, you lost me with the belt drive. A classic jack shaft would still look "period" correct and work nicely.

Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:
just my Opinion
Thank you and opinions are always welcomed :thumbsup:

I suppose my 4-engined build left me on chain-and-sprocket overload so this one is going to a belt driver:smile:

Nice reminds me of the simplex servicycle only cooler.:laugh::laugh:

Awesome build :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Are you glueing this baby together or welding buffing and priming as you go:laugh:

Nice reminds me of the simplex servicycle only cooler.:laugh::laugh:

Awesome build :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Are you glueing this baby together or welding buffing and priming as you go:laugh:
As it sits right now everything is welded. No fillers or spot putty type stuff yet In the end the bike is going to be a vintage gray color so I shoot rattle can primer on it as I build and it gives me an indication of the final look.

Once I'm sure I have all the brackets and other details I need, I will blast the whole bike again before the "real" prime and paint.

Shorter answer......I can't take pretty pictures for you guys if I don't throw some primer on it. :laugh:

I ditched the old carb with it's gas tank so I needed a manifold to run a bowl type carb.

Started with some 3/16ths plate and a short bend that I cut from a section of 3/4" electrical conduit.

First pic shows the rough welded part and then just a lot of handwork got it to the finished stage.

Works well and the carb sits level so now on to the exhaust side.

I have an exhaust tacked up. This was a trial but I think I like the look so it will probably stay. I am looking at balancing it with an intake filter on the other side of the bike.

Here's a few pics of the mockup

:bowdown: :bowdown: I love this build :thumbsup: I want to see it in person :shrug:
I would consider using a TAV and then a cog belt for the final drive(no slippage) but that's just me :shrug: