Tass's Bobber Build

Now that the doodle-bus is about done, I'm starting to mock up the parts I've been collecting for a little Bobber style bike. Here is the starting point:

Teardown, sandblast and gather some pieces...

The chrome on the rims was shot and I wanted a vintage gray bike with red accents, so I blasted and painted them red.

Road-tread white walls mounted and solo saddle is here.

The tank got carved up for the doodlebus project so need to find something else to use.

Did not keep much of the frame :laugh::laugh:

I decided I want a "slammed" look so I'm going with rigid front and rear. I pulled the fork springs and ran the sliders all the way up to the triple tree plate where they will be welded.

I'll frame up the rest from scratch

The handle bars are going to get a 5" stretch for the low-bike, high-bars look.

D, another great-looking build from you!

What sort of engine are you considering?
:laugh::laugh: while you were typing that, I was out rumaging through my storage room.

I have an unknown non-running tech or this Briggs 5hp that I know runs well. Only issue with using the briggs is that I want a remote tank so this carb/tank combo ain't working for me :confused:

Any one have advice on a nice bolt-on carb swap for this motor?

Also playing with the seat.....

couple of pics

Glad to see another build coming from you. The proportions look like something I would draw up and somehow I just like the look of a larger than normal proportioned tire/wheel to frame. The first picture looked pretty cool - kind of like what I call a "broken camel" which is another style I have been messing with lately.:thumbsup:

Nice lines on that design. I know people are using the Mik 22's on higher performance FH's. With their adjustability, I don't know why they wouldn't work on a stock engine.

Clone Miks are OK, and the intake adapters are available. You run into clearance issues with the air filter and any rear fender on a large wheel bike, and you may have some exhaust clearance issues as well.

By the way, your photo skills are up there with your fabrication skills. :thumbsup:

I have a pretty good idea of how the frame is going to look so here is the first of my bent tubes.

I'll trim the ends off and then weld it to the down tube before I start on the top tubes.

Here are a few shots of today's progress.

Frame tubes are formed and tacked. Rear axle mount is in place and I tacked 4" into the handle bars for a look-see.

The seat mount will be a post that slides into a tube , pretty much like a bicycle would have.

Thanks Dave:smile: I'm happy with it so far but still a few items to decide such as fenders or not.

Very nice look to it, great work. :thumbsup: what are you going to be using for a tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I bought a tank but it's to clunky so back to the drawing board. I just ordered another one of those motorized bicycle tanks and I'll probably section it and give it the shape I want. Similar to the chop I did for the doodlebus but this time I'l eliminate that rib and make a tapered filler section to "tear drop" the tank.

this was my doodlebus tank mod: