The free ride is over.............

Yep its over my wife got her letter stating how there will be NO more EB given out and she is done with that on 7/3/2010.

She has been unemployed for 20 months and with her having 3 epileptic seizures (2 days in the hospital) on the friday before memorial day speeding up another change in her medication which means no driving which makes it even harder to go find a job which arent out there anyway.

I understand why they didnt pass they last jobs bill (EB extension) but I wish they'd work harder at getting the economy back before they pull the rug out from under people.

SO things are going to get wild around here with that and the possible privatization of my job.

Ahh life....if its not smacking you in the face its tinkling on your back. :thefinger: it

Keep your head up! I know things have been tough up in the mitten for many folks since the Auto industry went tits up, effecting everything else! And it may get worse before it gets better, we gotta get through this current administration because clearly Obama getting elected caused the big flush! We were circling the bowl for many years, I'm for a one party system with the best man for the job leading our country! This bi-partisan crap is counterproductive! We need a cohesive forward moving government, even if it takes a revolution to get it! Anyway I hope things get better for you in the present and the future!:thumbsup:

Thanks.

I still believe it will get better and as bad as it is and is looking to get even worse I know we still have better than a lot of people.

It just gets a bit tiring after a year or so.

Theres still november.:thumbsup:

not a free ride

Yep its over my wife got her letter stating how there will be NO more EB given out and she is done with that on 7/3/2010.

She has been unemployed for 20 months and with her having 3 epileptic seizures (2 days in the hospital) on the friday before memorial day speeding up another change in her medication which means no driving which makes it even harder to go find a job which arent out there anyway.

I understand why they didnt pass they last jobs bill (EB extension) but I wish they'd work harder at getting the economy back before they pull the rug out from under people.

SO things are going to get wild around here with that and the possible privatization of my job.

Ahh life....if its not smacking you in the face its tinkling on your back. :thefinger: it
Well TeamCheap : You have got it all wrong unemployment is just a unqualified disaster, there is little difference between a natural disaster of a fire or a flood where the government jumps in with loans from FEMA and with an area of our country that has hit economic hard times for loss of industry, company's who have resorted to downsizing their work force to stay afloat in this market.
Sorry to hear about your family's economic situation and your wife's health issues. And the desire to work and the unanswered doors that you knock on looking for work, and the lack of jobs out there can be very depressing.
I hope you will just hang in there and pray that things in our country will somehow get better. I think we have to take it back from the existing government and restructure a new government with a total reduction of political goals that are defeating us today.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks.

I still believe it will get better and as bad as it is and is looking to get even worse I know we still have better than a lot of people.

It just gets a bit tiring after a year or so.

Theres still november.:thumbsup:
A great attitude! And yes many people are in damn bad shape with the foreclosures still devistating people's lives! I lost my dreamhouse in my last divorce and now live in one of two rental propeties she was kind enough to let me have. I sold the other one and got a home equity loan to add 800 square foot of living space and a 2 car wide and 2 car deep garage making a liveable place. I run my own buisness which is a curse and a blessing as my work is seasonal! I live from day to day in the lean times, and a bit better when work is plentiful! But this year is actually better than the last two as new construction is back up in Oklahoma, Me and my crews clean up after every phase of new home building. It aint glamorous but it pays the bills!

free ride

I also hope you can make a carreer change for the better and wish luck to you and your family in this time of troubles . Our country has had its share of bad times and I am not sure if anyone can pull it out this time after 8 years of being driven deep down in foolish spending . I just know when Bill Clinton was in office I had money in the bank and money in my pocket and after 8 years of George Bush , I have no money in the bank and not much in my pocket ..... makes me wonder if it was anyones business if Bill got a h_ _mer..... sure wasnt any business of mine and I am thinking a person would be a pervert if anyone thought it was their business . Look at our Congressmen and Senators today and tell me what the difference is between them and Bill ?? If someone wants to do good for our country lead a revolt to stop the Lobby's movement and stop the bribery of our law makers in our nation's capitols , thats whats tearing at our economy . I am not sure if we have an honest person in our government anymore according to the reports in TV & newspapers almost daily , jeezz where is my share lol . I better go work on minibikes it is a lot less stressful lol . Fat Boy

I also hope you can make a carreer change for the better and wish luck to you and your family in this time of troubles . Our country has had its share of bad times and I am not sure if anyone can pull it out this time after 8 years of being driven deep down in foolish spending . I just know when Bill Clinton was in office I had money in the bank and money in my pocket and after 8 years of George Bush , I have no money in the bank and not much in my pocket ..... makes me wonder if it was anyones business if Bill got a h_ _mer..... sure wasnt any business of mine and I am thinking a person would be a pervert if anyone thought it was their business . Look at our Congressmen and Senators today and tell me what the difference is between them and Bill ?? If someone wants to do good for our country lead a revolt to stop the Lobby's movement and stop the bribery of our law makers in our nation's capitols , thats whats tearing at our economy . I am not sure if we have an honest person in our government anymore according to the reports in TV & newspapers almost daily , jeezz where is my share lol . I better go work on minibikes it is a lot less stressful lol . Fat Boy
I did fine through Clinton and Bush but my buisness is not solely dependant on politics and cannot be outscourced or eliminated all together! I know plenty of folks who cannot say the same! I love my state but have watched thousands of jobs dissappear due to both, when Lucent left we suffered terribly as well as when our GM plant closed! There were buisnesses that depended on those companies success and longevity, and when they shut down so did they! And I hate to beat this drum again but the favored nation trading status given to china was the death nell for manufacturing jobs nationwide! I want my country back like it was 20 years ago! A :censure: can dream I suppose!

No I think I pretty much have a clear understanding of the unemployment situation as I had a seasonal job that would lay me off for a month or 5 at a time and I hated it but I knew I would be going back to work so it was a bit different than what my wife and millions of others have gone through.

I'd like to see it pretty much done away with personally along with a lot of our so-called leaders.We cant keep adding to the defecit.

We'll get through this like most others will.

Bush was terrible and I thought "we cant do any worse" but then I was proven wrong.

:lol: people only focus on the smut as referring to clinton, I couldnt care less what he and she did it was the fact of the president lying under oath that ticked me off and is inexcuseable.(its all in the past and we should keep it there:shrug:)

My full time crew is kept on year round, but the crew my Brother runs for me get laid off when we slow down. My Brother comes and works with us doing the same work for the most part, but I have some realtors and property management that have us clean out (ironically) foreclosed houses as well as rentals. People just walk away and leave a hell of a mess, and they aint always nice about it. Tearing the hell out of stuff out of frustration and anger! It is even less glamorous but it still pays the bills! I have had to learn to diversify and adapt, also be agressive and bid low to keep working! Not everyone has that luxury though and simply have no other options! I am lucky to live in a state with a relatively low cost of living as well as a good state government that looks to the future and is agressively trying to improve our economy! We are finally going forward with a 50 million dollar outlet mall project less than 5 miles from me, so things are looking up here at least! And the Bush thing is so true, he was a good old boy but not much of a President!

You seem like a very intelligent person and most likely married a like minded woman, you'll be fine!
At least you are aware of the problem and that is more than half the battle!:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

No I think I pretty much have a clear understanding of the unemployment situation as I had a seasonal job that would lay me off for a month or 5 at a time and I hated it but I knew I would be going back to work so it was a bit different than what my wife and millions of others have gone through.

I'd like to see it pretty much done away with personally along with a lot of our so-called leaders.We cant keep adding to the defecit.

We'll get through this like most others will.

Bush was terrible and I thought "we cant do any worse" but then I was proven wrong.

:lol: people only focus on the smut as referring to clinton, I couldnt care less what he and she did it was the fact of the president lying under oath that ticked me off and is inexcuseable.(its all in the past and we should keep it there:shrug:)
You got it right. I consider it quite interesting that, even though in the dim past, some folks still have a marked propensity to believe, against all the facts, that Clinton was put under a cloud, and impeached, due to his womanizing. They still believe the drivvel the state controlled press kept dishing out. The guy was a crook. The terrorable truth is that the president lied to a Federal Grand Jury, then topped that off by lieing to a Federal Judge. You or I would have got a minimum of seven years in a Federal Penitenery if we had done ether feloney.

Last edited:
Well I'm in the same boat kinda. Although I'm the only income in my family of 6. Was on the 2nd extension on the 30th. But I have been battling them on some BS back pay from my previous job they say I got but never received. Finally resolved now waiting on checks.

The unemployment battle is not over yet. Senate is still voting on it but they keep lumping it with other bills so its getting kicked. Our Gov is so screwed up its not even funny. Even though she got that letter doesn't mean she is done on unemployment. Check your states local EDD or EB benefits website or Google for Senate and unemployment you can read the latest updates.

I'm thinking they'll get something passed to extend the EB but really how far can we go like that.(this play now, pay later is going to hit us very hard)

Half of me says pull the EB plug and half says keep it because so many still need it.

I personally prefer to work than wait for uncle sam to crap in my hand, some people have no choice others are in it for the free ride.

The leaders need to get off their ass's and do something to really get this country going again like maybe severly changing the trade agreement with china/mexico so there will be a larger need for manufactoring back here in the states which could put people back to work.
Yeah yeah china and mexico's junk costs less....for now but once they are the only ones making it the price will go up and it will still be junk.

Stop publicly hammering the businessman.(is this to win votes :shrug:)
(chew their butt's out behind closed doors if need be-this aint the "jerry springer" show this is REAL)

Maybe do something about the illegals here and really secure our borders so we know who is here and that they are productive to the country in some way instead of leeching off our now very limited resources.
Umm illegals who dont pay taxes are robbing the rest of us but they are only half the problem as the ones who offer the jobs to them are just as much or more at fault.

This country is waking up, just hope its not to late.

We still have november :thumbsup:

I agree with you, If I was not in need of unemployment I would say pull the plug not knowing how hard it is. I have put in over 70 apps for jobs. Gotten 3 calls back and 1 interview.

It sucks and I would much rather be working for less money than looking for a hand out. Hell I cant even work at McDonald's cause I don't speak Spanish.

I agree with you, If I was not in need of unemployment I would say pull the plug not knowing how hard it is. I have put in over 70 apps for jobs. Gotten 3 calls back and 1 interview.

It sucks and I would much rather be working for less money than looking for a hand out. Hell I cant even work at McDonald's cause I don't speak Spanish.
Hell Vette at least you got 3 call backs. I have sent out 100's of resumes and nothing. I have 25 years of Management experience everything from Hotel/Restaurant , Warehouse, and Manufacturing/Production. I guess they would rather have guys with little experience for lower pay :shrug: Its really depressing. 5 years ago I could call a competitor of what ever business I was in at the time and get job offers over the phone without even interviewing with them. Now I cant even get a call back to manage a friggin pizza joint.:censure:

Lethernun I feel for you. I just found out today after 3 months to the day that I will get my back unemployment and I got the extension for 13 weeks since my end date was the 30th of May. So at least I will have that coming. Now I can pay my bills that have been backing up for months.

yeah its rough out there and they "our leaders" just dont seem to want to do anything else to get the economy going, they are going to ride their plan all the way down in flames no matter how bad it is.

My job is hanging by a thread and I mean a thin thread.They have a private company in looking over how best they can rob the city I work for of their last cent and the guy is getting paid very well($17k a month) to plan their assault.
We on the other hand have had furlough days lately amounting to a 20% pay cut on top of no raise in the last 7 years.
(everyone thinks we have it made - if they only knew)

So with my wife out of work and its looking like she'll never go back now with her siezures hitting more often in the last year but still nothing since last memorial day thankfully.
If I lose my job at least I'll have unemployment for a little while but in that time I'll have to find another source of income.(I'll need a magicians hat to pull it out of though, I fear)

On the bright side I hope to get the toys upnorth this weekend and have atleast one fun day even if it costs us a little money its either that or I'll tear someones head off their shoulders.

I need to work off some frustration big time.:smile:

Well I dont know what happened, but after my late night rant, I woke up this morning to someone calling me for an interview :thumbsup: I gotta nail this one , cause they are few and far between :wink: Wish me luck

Thanx Vette and Nova. It sounds like a really good job too. Its a Warehouse Manager position for a big company .Just hope it a good shift and some decent $$$$$ I gotta turn in now , gotta get up early :thumbsup: