The Official Mini Bike Accessory Thread

markus

A genuine "Markusmade" soon to be vintage :wink: seal-able vent gas gauge fuel cap

These were sort of a Fail and an expensive one at that since it takes two new fuel caps to make one and quite a bit of work. The intentions of course was to closely replicate the Bonanza gas cap (as seen on the left), but I learned that while the fill hole size is the same, the thread pitch IS NOT :doah: So these would only work on a reproduction tank that got a Briggs fill neck glassed in it.....Not all was lost though, the plastic Tecumseh tanks also had the same thread pitch, and of course briggs and stratton tanks...if you have enough room to get past the carbs.

markus

GEM Tecumseh "straight shot" intake for the small frame H engines:

Just picked this up last week, I was under the impresion it was only the intake itself as thats how it was shown in the ebay listing, but it arrived complete, with instructions, all hardware, and the box.....the box was crushed and falling apart so I have had a board topped with an engine sitting on top of it for a few days to flatten it back out so I can rebuild it.......it will look good in my display cabinet :anon.sml:

As you can see It comes with quite the collection of hardware for this thing :laugh:

Heres the instructions (they are showing the angled HS version in the photo)s:

I know we have seen these [posted before but I never saw the linkage or instructions posted up so maybe that will help others at some point. I am not inlove with the drill holes in the air cleaner for the spring and the shroud for the clamp....too much commitment for me :laugh: but I think I could work around that easy enough

markus

Grabbed this off ebay the other day, Thinking its Jan/Ho (made the Zebra mini bikes) because of the stamping :shrug: Should be 1" bar size becuase the strap is flat. Its NOS but its dirty, well see if it cleans up good. Wont matter too much, the perch and lever are usually that same as the 7/8 its the strap part thats the hard part to find in 1" and that looks savable!!

Heres an NOS Zebra- Jan/ho throttle set I had last year

Something neat that I just Got in from Cali, NOS Zebra/Jan Ho branded throttle assy and grips. Very cool box:thumbsup:

If you dont know, Jan ho was a copy cat company, Jan ho did Honda and Taco copy bikes starting the late 60's :thumbsup:

markus

Cool stuff Markus. Even the copy cat Zebras are collectible now.
I remember talking with Dave Liberton a few years ago about them. He said something along the lines that there was another shop in town that sold Taco's and were selling the shit out of them, He knew and dealt Jan/ho and pitched that they need to produce a basic mini and the Zebra's were born and Dave sold the hell out of them. I think Jan/ho was already making and importing early Honda copy bike and the more I find stuff like the parts above I am guessing they were already pretty well established in aftermarket parts production and importing, But I never see the Zebra or Jan/ho name anywhere else whenever I go searching, I'd love to find more out about the company.

markus

doing some research I spotted something in the Ruttman catalog that I never noticed before, they offered dog dish hubcabs for the 4" wheels :laugh: Anyone ever have a set of them, wondering what they did for the valve stem?

markus

Been on the hunt of one of these for years. Every once in a while one will pop up and I always seemed to miss it :doah: This one popped up on ebay recently, I bid and just crossed my fingers it would not get to high.

Kinda cool becuase 1970 was the first "Supernationals" at Ontario (California not Canada) motor speedway.

I think it will be very fitting with my Late version Mickey Thompson bike, which in my mind is the ultimate "Pit bike", it's currently collecting dust in my office :doah:

I did recently get a 1969 date coded Briggs 5hp shroud in the style I have been looking for (thanks to Jeep in MI) to go with this bike so maybe I can get to working on it again and back on the road sometime soon :thumbsup:

What do you reckon Markus, you tied that on with supplied string to the handle bars at Ontario? Very cool accessory, and from a drag racing historical standpoint, an important year.

markus

What do you reckon Markus, you tied that on with supplied string to the handle bars at Ontario? Very cool accessory, and from a drag racing historical standpoint, an important year.
I would assume that's what was done with them, I know something to that effect is usually the case whenever we bring bikes or the golf cart to events. You pay extra/sign a waiver usually and they tag the vehicle. Never got anything that elaborate though, usually just a funky colored zip tie or something to that effect :laugh:

I have seen some other ones like the one I got over the years in different colors, but I honestly cant remember if they were only from Ontario's track just for the different years or for different tracks/events.

markus

Saw this CEV style light swtich the other day on ebay and got a kick out of the stamping on it so I bought one :laugh: Not sure which bike will get it yet but its gonna be one deluxe oldminibike with it on there :thumbsup:

Something cool I spotted in the latest edition of MBG that arrived this week (my mail is a little slow.....by 44 years :laugh:)

harrison made a neat plastic tank much like the 68-69 rupp styled tanks, very cool :thumbsup: more I think about it I have probably seen them and just didn't realize it :laugh:

And heres something REALLY far out! You've all seen kick starts for tec's few different companies made them. Few of use even have one (I have 2 :pimp:) But this is the first time I ever saw this version :thumbsup:

Sold by Califonia Products, whos got one :shrug:

Dose any one have one of these kick starts? I've still yet to see one.