the trail horse i acquired last summer

tinkering today on the trail horse I acquired last summer.....it had been taken apart and put back together only to make it a roller....most of it was in boxes........not absolutely certain of the model, it does have a swingarm, (which was modified) to accommodate a torque a verter......not even sure at this point if the engine I got is original but I sure do want to think it is....the plate that was riveted to the engine is missing.......I had a thread started on this bike, but since the change over, I haven't been able to locate it......so. I am starting this thread. it needs some welding work behind the engine plate and where the jackshaft mounts, I managed to get it all apart this afternoon and hope to get started on the restoration in the next few months.......

thanks ond........it had some double indian head carlyles , I think they still hold air but have some side wall cracks.......not going to use them, but they are kinda neat...of an era bygone......I love this bike almost as much as my bonanza

buckeye

Mine is certainly one of my favorite riders.
You will epecially like it with the swing arm.
Mine is rigid but, still rides fabulous.

You gonna finish this one?:laugh:

not sure what you are asking, and there is limited info that I have been able to find on the model I have........still in the investigating phase,,,,i have most of the parts.....it had chrome fenders and was black and silver at one time.......thinking it may be an early 70s model.....I do like the swing arm models best

a little update on my horse

got my buddy to clean the frame up a bit. asked him to fix the break and weld new brackets on for me. to my surprise he brought it back to me cleaned up.......lucky me.......going to knock out some old neck bushings next and replace. I am excited. and Buckeye, before you say it, I will say it, before I die, before I die.......I will get this one done......

thanks ond.........I quit my second job, and now I can get back to doing what I love.....twisting wrenches and fixing stuff......and maybe riding......

thanks ond.........I quit my second job, and now I can get back to doing what I love.....twisting wrenches and fixing stuff......and maybe riding......

:eek: Thats alot of stuff to do at one time Tippy...I hope It works out for ya, and I'm still watching this build !:wink:

If theres anything I can do ? Just holer .

Last edited:
Real nice Pam!! I really like the Trail Horses with rear suspension!! Wish my Blazer had it!! Those frames are real stout unlike my Broncco! Keep us posted!! :thumbsup:

well I am torn between the two ideas........the bike needs fenders.....it was originally black and chrome as far as I can tell....the frame was a bit rough but I am pleased with how it sits now.....there were decals on the switch plate and fenders but nothing that can be used...I want to do it my way.......but then its not too far off from being close to original.......what to do what to do......