This better not interrupt my mini career...

MRI last night. Doctor tomorrow to see where we go from here. I would imagine to plan surgery. I have heard the sooner the better. But how long is too long to wait?

buckeye

You are getting close. Not much longer than a couple weeks. Scar and tendon retraction. Makes for pulling it back down a little more difficult.
If you would have come to the office, we would have had the mri that day and made surgery plans within a week. Just sayin...but you are at the mercy of w/c. They tend to drag their feet.

Yeah... I had to call and tell them to hurry the fluck up.... Tomorrow I am going to torture the Dr.... I am just going to tell him ASAP and if he hahahahas it up. He can either make it so I never have to work again $$$$. Or I can make it so he never works again.... Of course I will be saying this smiling but he will just have to ask himself " was he kidding" .... What is the strongest approach... I want something that is not going to come undone. I have always had my strength to fall back on. So I want it as close as possible without snapping the tendon again... Titanium Endobutton? perhaps?

MB165

if your not getting anywhere with the w/c docs go to your own. Dont let it turn into even a mild disability. tell them you have a lawyer, and that time is of the essence in this proceedure.

6 days after surgery. I am only in excruciating pain when I move a certain way and least expect it...lol.. He took out the hard splint and ace bandage now I just wear the arm sling for moral support so I dont forget and reach to grab anything. I cant lift more than a pound or 2 for the next 6 weeks or so but I should be going to pt next week to get the motion going... This:thumbsup: should be fun...

CarPlayLB

Been there, done that. You must be a man's man, cause I was hurtin for a while.
I have one of the arm braces that would limit the range of motion...it is yours for the asking. I dunno if your insurance is picking up the tab for the durable goods, if not, lemme know and I can send the brace.
Send me a pm if you need it
Eric

motocycle

Gumpit,

Good to hear you are on the road to full recovery.

You will be in top shape for next year's, riding season. Only those of us, who live in colder climates, can appreciate the timing of your operation.

You will be just fine. And the therapy that will follow your operation, will only be a short blip in time. I know this from experience; but that therapy is a hard time.

Get Well Soon

motocycle

your lucky it wasn't the wiping arm, got shot in 85, had 21 hours of nerv grafting, worst thing was trying to wipe with the other hand.

heal fast !

Been there, done that. You must be a man's man, cause I was hurtin for a while.
I have one of the arm braces that would limit the range of motion...it is yours for the asking. I dunno if your insurance is picking up the tab for the durable goods, if not, lemme know and I can send the brace.
Send me a pm if you need it
Eric
I appreciate it but fortunately it was workmans comp. They dont seem to mind paying. You just have to dot the I's and cross the T's... Doc said with my range of motion after he took off the splint to just be careful. That the pain or feeling of overstretching would keep me in check. JUST DONT LIFT ANY WEIGHT. So I can handle the pain. I will start PT and let them take the motion to the limit. Just nothing heavier than a coffe cup for about 6 weeks. Then I can carry avout a half gallon...lol
p.s. didnt stop me from picking up some CAT Eliminator parts today...lol

Every day gives me more mobility. But I still am not supposed to lift more than 2 pounds and if I move the wrong way it goes right through me....:doah: