Todays Projects??

buckeye

What ya working on today????

I am doing some maintainence of a couple bikes.

Going to tackle a seat for my ARCO project. Try my hand at using the sewing machine.
It works for James Brewton when he makes his dresses. If he can do dresses, I should be able to make a seat cover.:laugh:

So what you working on???

Going to tackle a seat for my ARCO project. Try my hand at using the sewing machine.
It works for James Brewton when he makes his dresses. If he can do dresses, I should be able to make a seat cover.:laugh:

With a seat cover you can maybe get more out of it. Yes, I search daily. :laugh:

I would like to add a sewing machine to my tool kit. My buddy has a nice one he found at an estate sale. He's used it to repair all sorts of stuff, like backpacks, etc., but no dresses. :laugh:

I've spent the last three long weekends traveling solo up and down the west coast to photograph motorcycle races. My to-do list this weekend mostly includes doing things with my wife. She's been really great about me taking off. Oh, and I need to get things ready for another race next weekend. :thumbsup:

Finish up an extended Bonanza swing arm, work on a Skat Kitty restoration, work on a Azusa minibike, try to get some primer on some HS40 tin, work on a couple more Bonanza's for a show coming up next month, Ride my MX Bonanza, ride my BC 1400 Bonanza, then eat some breakfast. :thumbsup:

1. Trade .25" ABS scrap for 3/8 plywood seat base from a guy I know.
2. Dust of Dodge and head down to Der Weinerschnitzel meet with club and drink breakfast beer. (One of two Weinershnitzel's in the US with a beer license)
3. Hit old minibike handlebars with big hammer.

markus

I started disassembling and am working on packing up a bike I sold:

try and get than done, hope my parts come in I ordered for my air compressor, and get it put pack together and hopefully working......I'm lost without it :doah:

Hell, I can't even get a bite. And, no, the price is the same.:hammer:

How the hell did you find that?

I like you and Ed's idea.:thumbsup:
When I missed out on that Viper mini in Reno, I widened my search. Just stumbled on it. Unfortunately, no one but us dummys here will pay for vintage bikes. John Q Public will view a restored vintage bike as something he wants to pick up for his kid, and compare it with a brand new mini from a big box store sporting a 97cc motor.

Our bikes are at best, "garage art" for those lacking in memories of the good old days. We have a very large and long running car show coming up. I'm going to set a few of mine in the swap meet section for sale with rediculous price tags on them. Try and hit the nostalgia bunch who need a vintage bike hanging from the walls of their palatial garages.

Well I got the Putt-Nik all together and runnin :thumbsup: Now I think I'll see if I can get the H60 that came off it runnin and see if it will fit in my VT3 :shrug: Maybe with a Tec in it Buckeye wont be afraid of it :laugh:

buckeye

That's a nice project right there Randy.

Thanks Dave. I hate ebay. :hammer:

Got my bike maintanance done. Seat base cut and carpet padding glued to it.
Rode the VT-5. Man, I love that bike!!

Now to figure out how to thread a sewing machine.:shrug: Do ya have to wear a skirt??:laugh:

If you do have to wear a skirt Buck, please feel free to NOT post any pics..........:laugh:..............Lets see...........Installed a handlebar mount kill button on the Pac Mule, bought some 1/16 cable and made a new throttle cable for the Manco cart, put new bearings in the rear wheel on my home made mini and adjusted the chain, the 3 1/2hp briggs I put on it had been sitting for a few years, added a bit of fresh fuel an the darn thing fired up!........Thought I would have to clean the carb for sure, rode around the block a few times, had the MTD flyer out and an getting ready to pull a few more out of the shed in a bit........................Tom.

I bought a new surround sound for the family room and put it in yesterday :thumbsup: The old one was still working but the volume wouldn't work from the remote any more :doah: so I put it in the shop, I don't mind working the volume from the knob and it has an AM/FM tuner and plays CD's so now I have wicked sound in the shop :thumbsup:

Update: Didn't dust off the Dodge, but jammed tin foil around the intake to mitigate the vapor lock, (cooled down to 105 today) bought valve lapping stuff, drank beer, and now on the way to watermellon adult beverages around a pool. I guess I got pretty close to the plan.