Trail Horse 97% complete

Im still waiting for the 1" clutch to come in and still trying to find a decent seat but this is what it looks like so far 5hp tecumseh. Flat black paint.

Last edited:
Looks Sharp, Itching to ride it?

I Do have to ask, Are ya sure its a 1 inch clutch? I was under the impression that teke 5's where 3/4

Try Kenny On here, he makes really nice seats, Im going to be getting one, one of these days
His user id is Kbs8ball

Last edited:
Yeah, re measure that shaft (at the front side to side) A one inch would stick out at the end since the don't slip on the shaft very far.

Looking good though, does the engine run good? looks vintage. :thumbsup:

1" Shaft

I appreciate it your concerns but i measured the shaft i was under the assumption it was a trail horse but it could be a bonanza. ill have to check into it. yes the motor runs and it is a tecumseh hs50 here are some closer pics

Vaxian

1" Shaft

I have that same engine in my shop, it has a 1" shaft too.
Unfortunately mine is a basket case, sat too long, broke off a head bold and some shroud bolts trying to get to the fields.

Saving it in case I come by another one.

can anyone definantly identify if this is a trail horse or a bonanza.. on the plate on the front of the fork as three holes in it as if their was a patch on it

can anyone definantly identify if this is a trail horse or a bonanza.. on the plate on the front of the fork as three holes in it as if their was a patch on it
It looks like a Bonanza 1100,(I have two and one 1200) the TH has different bars, JS, and a bracket for kill switch and one on the rear. Go to the home page and click on Bonanza.

As for the shaft, the cltch is going to stick way out unles you shorten and tap the shaft or have your JS gearstick out, or you could go with a TAV.

Last edited:
My guess, if it's got three 5/32" holes on the front fork plate, it's likely a Bonanza. That's where the Bonanza emblem with ID number was mounted at one time.

I think, if it were mine, I'd want it to be a Bonanza rather than a Trailhorse.

nice bike, get a clutch and get it going.

mardyn

Last edited:
Trail Horse

Here's some pics of my Trail Horse project. One way that I learned to tell a T.H. from a Bonanza was the kill switch bracket in front of the seat on the T.H. frames ( its barely visible in my pic ). Also, my jack-shaft mounts arent bolted on yet.

Last edited: