Trail Horse GTO RestoMod...

I think a Dark Pearl Blue or maybe even Black Cherry Pearl would look good against the silver engine, something out of the ordinary like the traditional minibike colors...
Those both sound good...I have dark blue metallic on hand, but pearl would look very nice.

I just wish I was a better painter...or knew one.

Fabbing an exhaust...

It's a bunch of boring step-by-step pics, but maybe someone who hasn't fabbed a custom exhaust, but would like to, can see that it's easy to do, and you don't need a lot of expensive tools.

This pipe will be fairly long, so I moved the engine into the frame to make sure I don't point the outlet at a frame tube...I've seen several headers that scorched the frame.

I fabbed a small tab and welded it to the muffler so I can add a hanger strap...

This block came with broken-off exhaust bolts from a too-heavy pipe, and this one isn't light, so I'll add a support strap.

This pipe is 16" long, so I fabbed a support hanger that ties into one of the three long head bolts...

I still don't have a color scheme determined for this bike, but I shot the blower housing in my 'default' color just to keep moving along...

While I was sizing the chain and making an idler, I decided the pipe was too long and the support hanger looked stupid, so I fabbed up a smaller canister-style pipe and I'm trying it out for a while...

Clutch is a Comet...I think they just went under, so I picked up a couple before the price gets higher.

delray

yellowhand, killing your self on the exhaust:hammer::doah:
maybe something like my project build would look good:smile:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/2993-great-minibiker-build-off-delray-entry-5.html page 5 ,just something to think about:smile:........:thumbsup:
also like my avatar

i like the band brake set up. let me know how good it works in the spring. when all that snow melts. my avatar bike has a scrub brake and also a azusa drum set up that stops like a train...............................:scooter:

I raid the cut-off and scrap bins in midwestx's shop each time I go there to use his high-dollar tools...

This piece of 1" OD billet aluminum rod looks like it will make a decent pair of footpegs...

I fabbed an earlier pair from stainless tubing, but they're less than sexy...

110 degrees of cut angle on the bandsaw should make an edge on the mounting end of the peg that will flip up...

Final OD is .860" with some decorative grooves to break up the surface area...

Simple, durable and moderately stylish...

I like 'em, so they may end up staying on the bike...

I got a little sidetracked...

I changed seats...

I'm thinking of a color scheme using sun yellow, satin black and bright metallic silver...

I also centered the engine for better balance and footpeg clearance on the right side...

This means I'll have to use a jackshaft, so I made a sketch and I'll machine a pair of adjustable mounts from this plate steel...

Existing mounting plate bracket holes were drilled out to 3/8"...

I'm also working on two intake manifolds to mount a Mikuni VM22 to a 5hp Briggs flathead...one steel, one aluminum...along with a crankcase mod to run an impulse fuel pump.

Pics later...I'm deciding whether to make two just for me or two dozen in case someone else wants one.

Awesome build. I think it'll look good with the yellow and black paint.
BTW, on our flathead kart motors we run the pulse line right off the intake manifold. Just a thought.