tubing bender dies

gene

if you where going to make minibike and go kart frames which 2 die sets clr would you get ? it would be for the grizzly tubing bender. which looks the same as the harbor freight one. thanks Gene

Oldsalt

I don't believe those dies will bend 7/8 tube on a 2" center line radius. That's real tight. Seldom a need for anything that tight if some planning is done to use larger radi.

My bender sets start @ 3 inch for 7/8 inch tubing and the same for 1 inch . But my bender is a true mandrel bender with a follow bar it is a Pro Tools HB 302 Model.
Steve :scooter:

Bender type

the HB 302 isn't a mandrel bender is it? I thought it was just a 1-shot type, no mandrel to go inside the tube....:confused:
Yes it just a hydraulic bender that has the follow bar. Getting into a full mandrel bender in my opinion is not needed for most things like frame building.
I wouldn't turn one down is offered one But as it is I don't use my Pro Tools bender as much as I thought I would.
Steve :scooter:

Send Flowers

i'm sorry to hear that about your tubing bender. you have my condolences. :sadcrying4:

Good God am I slow on the uptake. I didn't get you post about the heartfelt condolences that you sent. I guess some days the old tack is not so sharp LOL
but that was a good play on words. Steve :scooter:

Oldsalt

Bought this Hossfeld bender for 100 bucks at a yard sale last Saturday. It included the dies for bending mini bike tubing sizes. As it is too big to put in the shop it's gonna stay outside. Rain and snow probably can't hurt it.

Last edited: