Turkey shoot-out mini bike races at plaza park raceway (visalia)

has frankenstein shown up at any races yet? i know this will be the first ive missed. i was even at the first one but didnt bring my bike there.

Races at Plaza Park Raceway were rained out, all the karts pulled out. The track manager let the mini bike racers run practice runs on the inside track, as a result of this the racers got to have about an hour of running time racing each other and having a really good time giving them more track time than if they would if there was an actual race. It sounds like better weather will be upon us saturday evening for a fun night of racing.

but it only rained here for like 8 seconds. just enough to get the ground damp
The outside track was slippery as snot, If you would have shown up you wouldn't have to question things, you still can tonight, as I said before call Jess, you can ride my doodlebug. Ain't the same without the Nitroman there smack talking and having fun. Looks to me you must have joined the stay at home Fresno boy's, you been hanging around corvair66?

Races at Plaza Park Raceway were rained out, all the karts pulled out. The track manager let the mini bike racers run practice runs on the inside track, as a result of this the racers got to have about an hour of running time racing each other and having a really good time giving them more track time than if they would if there was an actual race. It sounds like better weather will be upon us saturday evening for a fun night of racing.
I'm glad I got to meet someone there and ask some questions, I hope to have a mini bike soon.

Hope evereyone had a good street ride warmup this afternoon. It looked like the Goat was running so fast it spit out the jackshaft key and set screw :doah:(the same parts that were replaced 1 hr before the ride, locktight, etc). Lucky for him Frankenstein had enough scrap iron in his pocket to perform a road side repair:bowdown: (who carries extra keys and set screws...apparently Frankenstein), and then Frankenstein passed us all up at 62 mph.:eek: Let hope all of the bikes run as well tonight at the racetrack, and the rain Gods pass over...keeping us dry and a lot warmer tonight.

Plaza park races were great tonight with a seven lap warm up, a 20 lap moto and 30 lap main with Clayton (PEPBOYSPECIAL) taking the 1st place honors riding his 61/2 hp clone motor pep boys doodle bug battling it out with a SFV rider and a Visalia rider. There were about 17 riders in the event, with 7 bigger bikes sporting big blocks and Clayton still pulling it off. Two nights of racing was great fun for all. The four real racers from SFV made a good showing (Edwin, Frankie, Dave, Dan) thank you guys for showing up. Hope to see you next time.

Last edited:
we all had a great time racing and riding with the hanford crew. thier hospitlality was great as always .i really liked the new track .big ups to clayton on the1st place.glad to see brian back and almost recoverd .on about lap 25 i sheared off all the teeth on my clutch thats why i had to pull to the infield at least its a cheap fix.looking forward to doing it again see you guys soon:biggrin:

I forgot to mention: FAST TOTE GOAT won the minibike poet contest that was set up for the old stand and watch farts due to a no show from southern Cal.:lol::lol::clap::clap:

One more time it was a Fres-No-Show from the boys who always insist they will be at the races. Probably best because are group has now beefed up the bike....learned how to ride/race...and would be a step beyond their abilities.
As you promoters know, the problem with Fres-No-Show groups is that it is difficult to get legit. racing arenas to allow us to enter. We have to "commit" enough racers to get track managers to include our minis...not a big crowd draw? We understand that things happen, etc. (we were rained out Friday night but were given 1.5hr of free track time for practice). But when an entire group of people....not half the group or a few less members...consistantly post that they are coming and are consistantly a no-show...it affects the credibility of our group. We are trying hard to make arrangements with track managers for more legit events. It was a great race, and it was great to be treated by the track like we were a real circuit race club....they even built a trophy for the winner!
For you ("I only ride illegal") guys, we had a 20 mile back country road ride on Saturday before the night's race events.

Wait till people show up and start yelling at you !!! LOL !!!
My paydays are to far apart from each other. :smile:
My bike is to slow. :smile:
My ride didn't want to go. :smile:

Not yelling here...My PG&E got shut off. So I put all but $12 (until Friday) into that. I dont know why the other 2 didn't show but whatever, PG&E is more important to me then a Minibike race. It's a sad, sad year. Going to start selling some stuff so my boys have xmas, Sorry guys..Im off line for a while...:sadcrying4:

Had a blast with everyone that showed up the sfv guys are a blast to hang out with glad we have become friends. But it was about time one of are own won it all (pepboysspecial) that a boy clayton!! I found out that I'm gonna need to ether make some more power or loose weight and the second one aint gonna happen so I think its gonna be more power!!!! Glad everyone showed its has always been fun and can't wait to do it again.

mini99

One more time it was a Fres-No-Show from the boys who always insist they will be at the races. Probably best because are group has now beefed up the bike....learned how to ride/race...and would be a step beyond their abilities.
As you promoters know, the problem with Fres-No-Show groups is that it is difficult to get legit. racing arenas to allow us to enter. We have to "commit" enough racers to get track managers to include our minis...not a big crowd draw? We understand that things happen, etc. (we were rained out Friday night but were given 1.5hr of free track time for practice). But when an entire group of people....not half the group or a few less members...consistantly post that they are coming and are consistantly a no-show...it affects the credibility of our group. We are trying hard to make arrangements with track managers for more legit events. It was a great race, and it was great to be treated by the track like we were a real circuit race club....they even built a trophy for the winner!
For you ("I only ride illegal") guys, we had a 20 mile back country road ride on Saturday before the night's race events.
Where were these races you speak of? JK I was moving into a new house.
Marvelous said it was a good show and the promoter was excited so nice job everyone.:thumbsup: