TWID 2016 OldMiniBikes Build Off Just 4 Fun

Twid

I have it working smoothly with out the throttle tube.
image.jpeg
But when I install the tube the throttle will not snap back.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Twid

I am so frustrated I was able to ge the throttle to snap back but now the carb will not open to full throttle. I think I need a shorter cable.

Good morning Twid !

Just read your thread from beginning to end....really nice work going on.

Also, just based on your comments and feedback, I think it's really cool how you've shared with us all the different ideas you've 'learned' from OldMiniBikes folks....and then giving them props for it...:thumbsup:

Most folks typically do that, but you have gone to great lengths to make certain we understand where your idea, or knowledge bit came from, and in my opinion that is very 'upright' .. !

Those internal throttles are so cool, and you are working your way through it....I know you learned a bunch on that, and am willing to bet your next one will go easier.

Keep up the good work Twid !

Last edited:

Twid

I had to shorten the cable and this is how I did it. I cut it to length cut upped a #4 ring terminal, crimped it on the cable then solder it on. Then I used the leftover plastic piece from the terminal on the top of carb to pull a little bit more slack out of the line.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I hope this helps someone in the future. Oh I had to slide the red plastic piece on befor I crimped soldered

Twid

The way I think is everything is only going to be new and clean once. This bike is going to be my beater is the only foreign motor I own and will ever spend money on unless I get a great deal on one. From now on made in the USA only. This is the first mini bike motor I purchased when I wasn't so hip on the hobby. I just didn't know any better, and now I do.

buckeye

Don't know any better? Go Clone or go home....pushing.:laugh:

Looks pretty dang cool if ya ask me. If ya didn't, pretty cool anyway!