Update on Central Cal mini bike racing

O.k. here it is the first race will be on Friday April 2 2010 at Plaza Park Raceway in Visalia Ca. The track is a 1/5 mile clay oval very smooth and fast, the entry fee will be 30$ you will get a practice, heat race and main. You must wear helmet,ankle high boots, hiking boots,or riding boots,pants and long sleeve shirt for your safety. bike must be pull start and no gear box. This is the first of many races in this area, the owner of visalia track now owns Hanford where we will hold other races including drags so we need a good showing to keep this going. In the future there will be a mini bike nationals held at Hanford track with oval track racing, drags,swap meet, and bbq during a two day weekend around sept. We were also asked to race for two of the days that the Hanford fair is going on. I hope this answers some of your question and i hope to see you all soon at the races. sorry about the long time between post but i have been extremely busy, i will try to answer any questions asap.

Hey nitro mini, I was just wondering what you have done to your dirt drag bike so I know what I have to do to beat you. Jesse and I will be there with his 5hp briggs flattie doodle bug and me with the WORLDS FASTEST TOTE GOAT. Looking forward to a summer of fun.

just a stock ol' 6.5 lol, kidding i put in a cam,rod and put on alcohol on my flaty. my drag will be done in a month or so and it will be on 40% nitro just gotta find a rider :scared:

"gentlemen start you'r engines"
let's put away that excuse book and get out and meet other minibikers:evil_laughter::
This is what we all say we want so let's all show up so it can keep the sport alive. :blink:

i'm moving that weekend so it's a no go for me. trust me, i'd rather be doing mini bike stuff than moving, so it's not an excuse. :laugh:

when are the drag races going to be? i'm more into that than circle track stuff anyways.

damn it only a monthe to get the circle track bike ready:scared: hope i can get it but if not still got ol faithful tho but cant wait im ready for some racing again

vette66_00

HEHE I got a bunch of parts today.....and a few more on the way....Should at least maintain my second to last place finish next to Allen.

Nitro,
How can we find out what classes will be racing in Central California? Does anyone know of any racing in Southern California?

i think this is just 1/5 mile dirt oval.

if you're into drag racing, they do it every weekend in Compton. minidragbike is always there so you can get info from him. a lot of those guys are damn fast (some running 70mph+) in the 1/4 mile though.

here's his youtube page if you want to check out the action there.

YouTube - minidragbike's Channel

vette66_00

Nope usually what happens is the winners of the second race go to the back and the slow guys go to the front to make it more of a challenge. I have heard that there maybe two groups if we get enough people. Like a novice kids and adults, then a aged, hehe, group of the faster guys.

In the drag racing, which is on dirt, its kinda grudge match style, you can line up with somebody you want to race with and go for it. Then basically its elimination style till the last guy standing. At least that's what happened last time. Drags have only happened in Hanford not in Visalia, but that may change to include Visalia also. Will see.

i will not be able to make it up on the 2nd :crying:/hopefuly i can make the next one
damn it that sucks hopefully make it to the next one then dave gonna have to pick someone else to bang bars with:gunsmilie: plus i think i will just be runnin the db anyways doubt i can have the new bike done in time:sadcrying4: