Vintage Briggs Expert Needed

Myself and "OND" have 1961 Briggs Photos posted @ OldMiniBikes ,but the carb setups are different, mine is updraft and his is not, both serial #s begin with 61, I searched OldMiniBikes Photos for 1964 Briggs and it shows a 1964 and 1972 with updraft carbs? What yr did Briggs stop using the updraft carb ? We are a bit confused, any help would be appreciated.

Just depends on the motor application. In other words it depended on what it was used for. They were used up until the 80's on some equipment.

Thanks for the info cheezy, V8 and myself..
especially myself are still in the learning stage on these old flattys.:thumbsup:
By tha way how old are you ? :laugh:

zeeman

I have frequented a B&S site that is full of info that you need, but I can't remember the name now. Try googling "vintage Briggs forum" etc. If I think of it, I'll post it. Good luck with your project.

The 'antique small engine collector club' has a lot of information. The up-draft carbs were called 'flojet' and were on briggs motors for 50 years in one form or another.

Zeeman and Richard, I took you advice and went to the "Antique small engine collector club" there is a ton of info on alot of small engines. :thumbsup: I added it to my favorites list.
Thanks guys !