Vintage Class: Havasu Dave's Cat Hustler

Super job Dave, you had my vote. Having now looked at the original photo, to me, it looks identical. Love the background, is this your backyard?
Thanks man. Yeah, that's the back yard. It was a desert when we bought the place three years ago. We did most of it ourselves, not the pool of course. I thought I needed a pool- had this vision of chicks hanging out with me drinking mai-tai's with Jimmy Buffet playing.

Hell no. Can't even get the Missus to hang out there with me, and the best use for it is the annual visit from the grandkids, and a back drop for mini bike photos. If I get bored, there is always a pool to clean.

Found a drowned scorpion in it two days ago, so now I'll probably never go in it again. :laugh:

Man that turned out nice Dave. i love the color.
Thank you. It's synergy green from the late model Camero line. It was expensive, and I have enough left to do two more bikes.

As much as I like the color, how many metallic green bikes does one "really" want in the garage? :) I keep looking for stuff to paint with it, but I guess it's going to harden on the shelf.

Thank you. It's synergy green from the late model Camero line. It was expensive, and I have enough left to do two more bikes.

As much as I like the color, how many metallic green bikes does one "really" want in the garage? :) I keep looking for stuff to paint with it, but I guess it's going to harden on the shelf.
I have a paint mixing system at my shop, so i can mix any color ever made and i just mix up the amount i need. No waste that way. im thinking of a lime green on a Dodge Viper, but I'll look at the color chip tomorrow on the Synergy green.

I have a paint mixing system at my shop, so i can mix any color ever made and i just mix up the amount i need. No waste that way. im thinking of a lime green on a Dodge Viper, but I'll look at the color chip tomorrow on the Synergy green.
How cool to be able to mix your own paint! I'm just a retired guy in a garage. It's my fault I have paint left over. I only had a pint mixed, and didn't realize that PPG covers about ten times better than NASON. That must have been why it cost so much more too. :laugh:

The true synergy green requires a red base coat, but I simply painted over gray sealer. I'm still learning.

It's a must have if you own a body shop. you probably couldn't buy any less than a pint from a paint store.if its basecoat/clear coat, the base should stay good for a long time.

It's a must have if you own a body shop. you probably couldn't buy any less than a pint from a paint store.if its basecoat/clear coat, the base should stay good for a long time.
I guess it would be a "must" lol! Yes, it's a base coat but it's 119 out right now. I don't keep AC in the garage.

The base red we just did on my son's car took 8 coats of base. This green took two to cover. I dig that Cat 250 build in your other thread.