Vintage Class: Havasu Dave's Cat Hustler

Presenting my Cat Hustler. My goal was to restore the bike to it's original look and function. It was hard to resist putting this bike to "show" condition with engine paint and polish. In addition to my definition of "vintage," I felt the bike was uncommon enough to warrant a stab at restoration, instead of modification.

When I started this build, I wanted to win. Everyone's opinion was important to me. Now that it's done, I find more than enough satisfaction in the completion.

This is how she looked when I got her from KustomKartKid (Gerry) Gerry was a constant help and sent me needed (and rare) parts, let go of a year-correct (1971) engine, and gave me advice. Engine decals from Minibike Paul.​

Side profiles

I got these stickers off of Ebay, and all of them are the same types we used to beg gas stations for when we were kids. I put them on the bike on a lark, and I don't regret it. lol, I think they're as cool now, as I did when I was ten.

Front views. Fulcrumflyer (Spanky) did up the decals for me. I reused the supplied ribbed from tire. It cleaned up well with rubber restorer from 3M.

Kenny did the seat, and it came out pretty good. Seat pan is fiberglass as discussed earlier in the thread.

I've mentioned a couple of names above, but a lot of people here gave me advice and let go of parts they wanted to keep. I couldn't have done this without that help and support.

I tried riding the bike sitting upright, and it was uncomfortable, but once I leaned back on the seat flashing the peace sign to the neighbors, it was all groovy.

Sorry my photos are grainy, cheap camera that I tried to offset by doing Styles Bitchly Pool Shots. (Yeah, I know, I'm missing the bikini model too, and Missus Havasu Dave wasn't into it) I don't do videos, so if someone needs a photo of an old man riding a mini chopper as proof it motorvates, let me know. I'll break out the speedos for the pic.

45t

Wow! Awesome work. :thumbsup:

It takes some getting use to leaning back and riding the chopper style minis, but it sure is fun to ride em.

Great work Dave, a really awesome build, it turned out great, the green looks really good in the sun, and the seat looks really good too. :thumbsup: