VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

WOW!!!! Is all I can say. This is the best information I have ever found on Vintage carts! When I was 5 or 6 my uncle, who raced karts, built me a kart for a Santa Claus present. Let me say that was 62 or 63.... I have one pic of it and sadly it is all faded out. He and my father built the hole thing. Bent the tubing and welded it all together. Stick welded no less. It was just to much for me according to my father so it went away. I have always wanted another one. But around South Carolina there doesn't seem to be anything but all this generic later style stuff. I have an old Margay that I stumbled on for $75.00 a few years back. Stuck it up on a pallet rack for safe keeping. Its a roller but not 100 percent all Margay. No motor and I have no idea what it should have on it. I just don't see spending the time and money trying to "restore" it. I am thinking about a Briggs Animal and just enjoy it. One thing I really would like to learn about is the correct way to install twin engines on a kart. Not for the Margay but for another project I am working on. Does anyone have any advice and or a link to a "How To" article? I am looking for things like engine placement. Over the axle, behind or in front of the axle. Advice on hooking up the throttle linkage. I will be running a late model clone engine so I am trying to do this on a reasonable budget. I don't mind spending a little extra money to get a better part or setup. I just don't want to have to redo it to get it right through trial and error...... Thanks guys for all the old pics as it brought back a lot of memories from my child hood, short lived but memories none the less.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes and I will say that everything you want to know about Karting and fulfilling your dream is here in the pages and files so you just need to look in the pictures and photo sections and use the search option and ask for help.
Steve