What is a Super Bronc worth?

The driven clutch is there but the driver is missing. The guy says that he has it. The clutch cover isn't broke. I think, with new tires, cables, knock off Honda engine, and some elbow grease she would spring to life. I made an offer and the guy is thinking it over. I'm a parts manager at an ATV dealership so I can get tires and cables at cost. couple hundred bucks and she would be operational.

I have found Super Broncs are like potato chips, you can't have just one.:scooter::scooter:

I have four kids. 8, 10, 10, and 13. I need three more, I have one Heathkit that we brought back to life last year. They share good but it would be funner if they could explore the pastures together. We have thousands of acres that they could cruise. It would be great.

I have four kids. 8, 10, 10, and 13. I need three more, I have one Heathkit that we brought back to life last year. They share good but it would be funner if they could explore the pastures together. We have thousands of acres that they could cruise. It would be great.
You need four more! The kids will never forget blasting through the grass together with their dad. I wish I could take my kids out, I got bikes but we can't ride anywhere around here. :sad:

Last edited:

toomanytoys

The driven clutch is there but the driver is missing. The guy says that he has it. The clutch cover isn't broke. I think, with new tires, cables, knock off Honda engine, and some elbow grease she would spring to life. I made an offer and the guy is thinking it over. I'm a parts manager at an ATV dealership so I can get tires and cables at cost. couple hundred bucks and she would be operational.
Do not knock off Honda engine a super bronc. Just no.

The engine that's on it will run just fine with work unless it's locked up. Plus the factory TAV bracket and mount will not work with the design of the Honda engine. And please do not cut up a reasonably rare bracket. Then if you even modify it you will have to get creative on brakes.

It's just an all around bad idea of a mess.

That poor boonie bike :hammer:

Last edited:
Do not knock off Honda engine a super bronc. Just no.

The engine that's on it will run just fine with work unless it's locked up. Plus the factory TAV bracket and mount will not work with the design of the Honda engine. And please do not cut up a reasonably rare bracket. Then if you even modify it you will have to get creative on brakes.

It's just an all around bad idea of a mess.

That poor boonie bike :hammer:
I second that. Just don't. I will personally find you the correct Tecumseh should you not get that one running.

I second that. Just don't. I will personally find you the correct Tecumseh should you not get that one running.
Somebody told me that Tecumseh went out of business, that is why I was going to change engines. Is there still parts available?

In reguards to the Boonie. You should have seen it before we started. Everything was rusted solid, the tires had mouse holes in them and the frame had been cut and dropped in the rear. We found some pictures and got it as close as we could. We now have a stock predator on it and that little tank is gone. We need an original seat and rear fender. Its not as POOR as it was.

Last edited:

My Cloned Super Bronc was the best running one I ever had. Sold it to Leon. But this was the model with a rear disc. Hard to find rear brakes on Super Bronc unless its through a jackshaft mounted set up.... But if you can put a brake on the rear wheel I would put a clone on it.... But I like clones....

Last edited:

toomanytoys

It just looks so wrong....A Super Bronc needs a big block Tec on it. Probably ran good though. The rear brake super broncs are pretty hard to find.

Tecumseh is out of business, but you can find parts for them all over. I haven't ran into any part that I needed that I couldn't find.

jeep4me

It just looks so wrong....A Super Bronc needs a big block Tec on it. Probably ran good though. The rear brake super broncs are pretty hard to find.

Tecumseh is out of business, but you can find parts for them all over. I haven't ran into any part that I needed that I couldn't find.
Well, technically, tecumseh is still in business. They just don't make small engines any more. They still make compressors for refrigeration units.

Parts will still be available for a while. But there will come a time when parts will be hard to find.

If my Tecumseh dies for good I will convert the bike to all electric. In the meantime got to put on the new
carburetor and get the thing running.

Got it bought today... Pretty excited! Not sure where to start but I guess I'll just tear it down and go from there. I gave the guy an offer of $150 and he said he was going to keep it for his grandson. I gave him a week and asked again. He tried to run me off by telling me to double my offer and he'd take it. He looked surprised when I said, "SOLD" .

The top button is likely a horn button. The side button could either be a kill switch or turn signals. Hard to tell. These styles of switches are still available from moped parts suppliers like Treatland.tv, 1977moped.com and mopedjunkyard.com (I could be wrong about the URL for that last one). Personally, I like the cleaner look of motorcycle controls, so when I get that far, I will put them on my SB.

Edit: After re-looking at the photo, it could also be the headlight switch.

Paul

Last edited: