Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2017

Better not take that long!! I can get to myrtle beach in 10 lol
Maybe you should pick me up on your way down:) 374 miles Waze even says 5hr 35

Last edited:
I would but we don't go any where near that end of the state on the way :laugh: We leave here right about 7am on Wednesday and head out 84, between traffic and construction I think the best time we made was 7 1/2 hours in the 4 years that we have been :doah: The best time coming home was about 7 hours and the way we go is 404 miles :shrug:

Is that a MapQuest time quote? MapQuest tells me 6 hours and it always takes us between 8 and 9 :doah:
mapquest is kinda hit or miss with its' time estimates. i use my garmin for time.
it's 6 hours for me. i'm pretty close to the bridge where our canadian friends will
cross the border. i know boatguy is active in the boat races here in alexandria
bay on the saint lawrence seaway. he has no trouble crossing as long as that
gps thing is attached to his ankle!

I can get to Myrtle Beach in 3 hours and wouldn't go if it was 30 minutes......... Everybody loves Myrtle Beach and when you grow up on the coast its a dump to you...... I was born and raised in Charleston (its dumpy too). 49 years old when I moved to the upstate and it had been 20 years since I had been to the beach then and it was 25 minutes from the house to the water.... We always left the coast and went to the mountains. We still go to the mountains from here, we are just 3 hours closer so that means we get more opportunities to go to the mountains for day trips.

Its truly funny to us. Everybody that you talk to up here is going to the beach for vacation. And they mean Myrtle Beach. Everybody that we knew and grew up with in Charleston is the same as us. They don't go to the beach they go to the mountains.

Doug

And up here they don't have "weed eaters" they are "weed whips"

They don't have a "water hose" they have a "hose pipe"

They don't have "Mobile homes" they have a "Trailer House"

:shrug: :doah: :innocent:

Google Earth brings me going straight up I-81 to Winchester then off on a cut over to I-70 then West on I-70 & I-76 through Fisher Town and Alum Bank. Then into Windber on 56. Is this the good way or is this the back way that people are talking about being so bad with switch backs?

Last edited: