BC1100 wanna be vintage, just for fun class

If you start with a complicated bike that is need of full restoration, and do 100% of the work yourself, (except chrome) they tend to not be so boring.

I long ago stopped worrying what someone else thought about my stuff. See if the moderators will move you and this build to the vintage class.

If not, rip the thing apart and make it a boat trike bike glider. Yeah, that wouldn't be boring.
Dave thanks for the recommendation for vintage class , but I'am good here . Hell I did get to make a chain guard . Maybe I could start losing parts then I would have to make them .
But I'am going to finish it as close to the way it came from bonanza as I can .
And that mean ass Mr Cheezy probably wouldn't move me anyway . Lol

But I'am going to finish it as close to the way it came from bonanza as I can .
I must admit to getting a bit hot under the collar on some comments made here recently concerning vintage builds. Over the past few years, I've restored bikes missing several key pieces. All I had to go on were fuzzy printed photos of rehashed brochures I stole off the internet.

Several times I've considered going with my own design instead of adhering to the original design. So much easier, because you're fabricating anyway. On those two Powell rollers I sold, I spent hours trying to find the correct size idler pulleys, and designing individual components within those drive systems so a skilled machinist could turn them for me. (Several parts involved)

A couple of fiberglass Cat seat pans for example. Lots of work and 3D thought patterns.

I like modified and scratch built things, but sometimes building something to original specifications is a lot more difficult than coming up with my own designs and test fitting a few times until it's right.

After that hot rod Powell you made last year, no mini bike is going to trip your trigger anymore. At least that's the way it happens with me. A vintage restoration has it's own rewards, but they're personal. This stainless chain guard is a perfect example. Looks great.

Wanna say thanks guys . Today I got the clutch cover done . Welding it up was not so easy as stainless is a little harder to do than reg steel . It's pretty much done there is a couple little places that need some attention on the inside shoulder, really hard to get iN there . And it needs the final buffing and a couple of holes drilled for the brackets.
Man that is beautiful! :bowdown::bowdown:

Wanna say thanks guys . Today I got the clutch cover done . Welding it up was not so easy as stainless is a little harder to do than reg steel . It's pretty much done there is a couple little places that need some attention on the inside shoulder, really hard to get iN there . And it needs the final buffing and a couple of holes drilled for the brackets.
That's beautiful.:drool: I would buy one of those:thumbsup:

Just wanna say thank you all for the compliments on the chain guard . It's was a lot of work but I had fun doing it . I also learned a new trick on how to make a dished cover . And wanna give thanks to my friend Craig for having the equipment to do this . Not only does he have the brake and roller , but has the industrial belt sander and buffer to make short work of the polishing . Without that stuff it would be a whole lot harder to do .

On to today I got my OldMiniBikes care package delivered and have a bunch of new parts . For this build a got new fork lowers , I bought these cause their 89 bucks and look good and will fit in my tubes . It would cost 100 to have the old ones done and then a chance of them not fitting . Also got my first cheap little max torque clutch and also foot peg covers .

Well today I got my fenders back from Knoxville custom chrome and as expected they are perfect . I just want to say that unless it's perfect it doesn't leave their shop .
The rear fender on the front of it the corner edges were bent and broke , now it's perfect . Check it out gumpit you know what it looked like .

Well today I got my fenders back from Knoxville custom chrome and as expected they are perfect . I just want to say that unless it's perfect it doesn't leave their shop .
The rear fender on the front of it the corner edges were bent and broke , now it's perfect . Check it out gumpit you know what it looked like .
.................................:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: David those are bad azz dude !

And don't worry. Windber mud won't scratch that chrome much......are you going to ride it or keep it on the trailer next to Peeksters stuff...lol

And don't worry. Windber mud won't scratch that chrome much......are you going to ride it or keep it on the trailer next to Peeksters stuff...lol
I think it will sit next to peeksters stuff on the trailer wrapped in a cozy blanket .

And I've never rode a bike with just 3 hp .

Last edited:
Well today I got my paint rack done and all three bikes are ready to spray tomorrow . First will be epoxy primer then I'll go over them and fill imperfections and sand , then do another thin coat of epoxy . And will finish with a base clear system .

Today I got everything in primer , I will wait three days and do what filling that needs to be done and then a final finish coat of epoxy primer . Still have to get the motor done , did get the pull start cover in primer though .

Last edited: