cruhr1 2016 build off entry*vintage class *1969 Rupp Chopper*

Thanks everyone. The bike is close to done. I have the throttle hooked up and chain is on now. Just waiting for the seat which may arrive this week but the chain guard will probably be a couple weeks yet. It's too cold and snowy for a running/riding video anyway.

I don't have any updates. My seat from Karen was supposed to be here today but the good ol USPS is late again. It now looks like it'll be here Monday. It was 55° here today so had it shown up I may have taken the bike on its maiden voyage.

capguncowboy

Oh well. I'm sure it'll be here Monday. Still not as bad as the money order I mailed to Bob Fragoman last fall for some speedway parts. It took 14 days to reach him:shrug:
I picked up a Rupp Clutch guard last summer from a reputable Ebay member. He only lives about 5 hours from me, so I figured it would arrive in 2-3 days max. He shipped it and it disappeared for 3 weeks before finally surfacing 500 miles in the other direction. It was another week before it finally arrived.

Who in the hell knows what goes on with some of these packages. I think they sometimes do it just to give people something to talk about

???:shrug: or did you do gold? it is hard to say from the pictures. Bike looks fantastic might i add! a great restoration, definitely better than keeping it a "survivor":doah:
It's gold. The pictures for some reason make it look silver. The piping is exact to the original.

I used gold piping. Just like on the old seat. That is always a big argument on what color the original piping was. I asked Windber Jeff about that. He went over to a shelf and grabbed a NOS Rupp seat that was still sealed in the box. Cut the box open and the piping was gold.:thumbsup: I'm sure it could of yellowed with age and heat. Just saying.:thumbsup: