Hoppy's "The WTF"-Open Class

Hey Hoppy , thanks for the pm I am starting to get on with my life and finding that minibike therapy works!
Hows your project doing , got any update picts ?
Thanks Rob
least i could do. Been there brotha. Your not alone. Who needs a therapist when you got mini bikes? :shrug:

No updates.......I GOTTA GET MY AXLE BACK!!!! I have decided to yank it out of there if its not ready fro friday. The show must go on!:hammer::grind:
ONCE i have it back i can pretty much weld it all together. dont want to weld anything until i have the axle to make sure all is aligned well. Decided to go the "spray bomb" route. Im trying to keep in mind this isnt a "show piece". Its going to get used and maybe even abused:shrug: They "spray bomb" looks good enough and with some clear.....not bad at all if i say so myself. Certainly 100% better then what it was. Fancy paint jobs can be pricey and im not setup to paint with a gun properly......rattle can it is!

I havent tried the hammered paints on anything. Im assuming they hold up pretty well? How do you think it would look/work on wheels? i need something in white i think.

buckeye

I haven't tried white. I tried the charcoal grey on frame and forks and work great. Going to use it again soon with the dark blue on frame and kinda copper bronze. I really like it.

If you are looking for a good wheel paint, Duplicolor makes some in a rattle can. I used the white stuff on my Keystone 2 piece rims and it holds up good so far.

Ratbike

I havent tried the hammered paints on anything. Im assuming they hold up pretty well? How do you think it would look/work on wheels? i need something in white i think.
It holds up well on everything I have used it for...frames, wheels , forks, 2 motorcycle tanks, even a set of shock springs...:shrug::thumbsup: Best stuff i have come across by far, as it covers imperfections as well. I have not seen it in white:shrug:

KB2ROCKET

I like the hammered paints you can paint right over rust and it hides defects . I have found that you need to put on 1 heavy coat quickly and let it do its magic . I'm using it on my vintage kart to simulate a galvanized surface :thumbsup:

Big Jim

I have used the appliance epoxy, sets up hard. Comes in white, black and almond. It is a Brite white.
No real prep work, wipe it down and shoot it, I used it on the axle hub I got from Ron Kimball.

holy crap where have i been??!! sorry guys ive been away the last two weekends and havent even been out to the shop in two weeks.:eek:ut: went to the great eastern whiteout in fulton, NY the 1st weekend and this past weekend went back out to NY for an ice fishing attack with the boys!! Im beat!!! on a good note this coming weekend im hunkering down in the shop to get back into her. Full speeed ahead now. Ice is crap around here so the fishing gear is going away. Take some pictures after this weekends progress. I appreciate the interest in the WTF.

Thanks bud.:thumbsup:

I dont know if I have the winter blues or its the fact that i fix stuff all day long for work that when im getting home I just dont want to hit the shop. This has been a tough winter for me.....not enough ice and snow for me to play in? Gotta shake whatever it is im feeling and get my "gun ho" attitude back and get back to the WTF. Im sorry guys.....kinda just havent been feeling myself the last month or two. Going to force myself to the shop this weekend, who knows maybe thats all I need.

Take lots of pics while you are in the shop Hoppy. :thumbsup: If you want to shake the winter blues fire up your mini bike and take it for a spin since there is very little snow. I went for a spin today for 20 minutes and I accomplished tons when I went back in the shop. :thumbsup:

I have been feeling the winter blues as well , and not enjoying my build as much latley, its almost like work. lol I think I may pull one of my other project bikes out and work on it just for a change of pace I have one that only needs stripping and paint.
Hope you lose the blues and get some shop time I will be checking on you .
Rob

Take lots of pics while you are in the shop Hoppy. :thumbsup: If you want to shake the winter blues fire up your mini bike and take it for a spin since there is very little snow. I went for a spin today for 20 minutes and I accomplished tons when I went back in the shop. :thumbsup:
I dont have any mini's.:sad: no snow to ride the sleds on. this sucks! Got finish the WTF so i have a rider other then the Yammy Zuma we have.

I feel for ya Hoppy, I too am dissapointed that there is no snow for sledding, they are calling for 6 inches tomorrow so I will see. :shrug: Better get cracking so you got something to ride. :hammer: :laugh: Good luck in the shop this weekend. :thumbsup:

is WTF going to have a summer setup option or is it dedicated to snow?

I know how you feel, this winter has been like no winter but i'm now getting excited about spring.

I know what WTF stands for.........................

W-hat T-erriffic F-un :laugh:

Hey Hoppy I hope your over your winter blues (or lack of winter) , Spring is on its way and soon be biking seasons.
Get any more done, we are all rooting for you.
Rob

Hey Hoppy I hope your over your winter blues (or lack of winter) , Spring is on its way and soon be biking seasons.
Get any more done, we are all rooting for you.
Rob
x2 I can't wait to see what you come up with next for this build. :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing more.