project build with rear springs

delray

Adrenaline,
how did you get the square tires to round out so well
combination of the correct amount of air pressure and being mounted on a wide rim. makes them round out...........:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

well it has been some time since i posted on my bike. i have been still working it. just haven't had the time to post everything that i have been doing to it and thats been alot. from refitting it, to working on my engine setup and ordering alot of parts,getting paint for the bike,making some vintage style decals,seat recovered in a different material. big thanks on my cousin having this ladie in his hometown redo my seat. same ladie that did his vt-bikes.......:thumbsup:awesome job. also using the rest of is primer build material on my frame,fenders,gas tank...etc.. this product works(sands) great after it sets up.

delray

well guys , big changes the last minute,,,,,,,:doah:maybe for the good.........:thumbsup:
i had a lighted coil 5hp briggs that i have been sitting on for awhile. so i desided to look into the lighted coil first to see if it was ac or dc current and how much amps it put out. second big problem was if i could swap the 120v electric motor only with a older 12v motor and still use the 120v nose housing so it would still bolt up to my lighted coil engine. lighted system i was going to use was a very small sealed battery with leds bulbs. that would of work just fine. but i wanted to go one more step with the bike and have electric start......:thumbsup:
lighted coil check out good for me and look to be putting out 2 amps. just enough to put a very light change back into the battery while ridding the bike...........:scooter:
after i modified the starter i did a load test to see what kind of amps it would draw. this way i would have a better ideal on what kind of battery i would need....:thumbsup:
starter peak for the first second or so at 50amps on my gauge and then drop at 18 amps while turning it over.
i found a new battery that was very small and was rated at 70 amps. but right out of the box it checkout at 12.5v and did a amp load test on it and peak at 130amps.......:thumbsup:WOW!

also buy going with this setup i had to tap some holes into the frame the last minuted before priming and painting the bike. i wanted to keep the wires hidden in the frame and there was alot of wires to hide. for example, i wanted the small briggs Solenoid tuck under the seat and the wires not hanging out.

built a battery box that will sit behind the engine.

pickup a very cool 6 plug briggs starter switch that has a kill switch,then lights on and running,or no lights and running.

and yes i am trying to get it done for windber...................:scooter:

TomH

Yeah you bet, still here. Building has been renamed from International Petroleum Exposition, IPE to Quick Trip Center. But the big guy has been refurbished. Sure hope you get that bike finished in time. Mad skills you have.

Expo Square

delray

buckeye,do you think you are going or not(windber)
man i hope can get my bike done or i will be riding my orange 2.5hp doodlebug..........:laugh:..........:doah:

Holy crap Delray! I have been watching this build since you started it and I am blown away with what you have done and it looks great. This look like it was a factory produced bike.

Amazing.