2 cycle carb location question

The carb on this style Tecumseh 2 cycle hits the bar on my Minion Cycle. Can the intake manifold be moved to the spot on the back with the stuffer plate? I know on my McCulloch i have another intake there.

Should be able to. Looks like its made to accept either intake locations.... luckily with our 2 smokers all that matters is that the crank case seals and it can draw the fuel/oil through the crank case and into the cylinder.

But looks like its apparently made to accept either location without any other changes to me.

Should be able to. Looks like its made to accept either intake locations.... luckily with our 2 smokers all that matters is that the crank case seals and it can draw the fuel/oil through the crank case and into the cylinder.

But looks like its apparently made to accept either location without any other changes to me.
My Mac 45 has an intake at both places so that's what got me thinking that. I think you are right. i'll have to try that. Thanks

CarPlayLB

It may not be that easy! The stuffer plate on some engines is way different is way different than a manifold. The stuffer plate on your 49 has legs that come out and kind of wrap around the arc of the crank throws. I believe that helps the fuel stay suspended and decreases the volume of the crankcase. Most engines have different manifolds for different sides of the engine. A stuffer intake looks way different from the crankcase side than the other intake that is by the base of the cylinder. Tear that thing apart and let us know!

It may not be that easy! The stuffer plate on some engines is way different is way different than a manifold. The stuffer plate on your 49 has legs that come out and kind of wrap around the arc of the crank throws. I believe that helps the fuel stay suspended and decreases the volume of the crankcase. Most engines have different manifolds for different sides of the engine. A stuffer intake looks way different from the crankcase side than the other intake that is by the base of the cylinder. Tear that thing apart and let us know!
I think this is in theory possible but I can find no info on anyone doing it nor can I find a manifold shaped like that plate is down below. I'm sure someone can do it but that guy aint me. HAHA. I've since been able to fit the Jacobsen into that bike so it's all good now.

Wow I think i actually found the manifold that fits in this "third" port. The part number is 470153A. When I did some searches on that part I see some diagrams of vertical engines using these in that port. Looks like the verticle ones wud use that port, which prob use the same block. It does like like the right shape. Cheap enough to take a chance...

It does matter! ya gotta throw some water on your face when riding now!

Makes no difference...you are good to go!
LOL!! Hey I just thougt of something. What the hell am I going to put on the original manifold when I slap this one on the bottom and move the carb down there? I'll need a friggin cover for that one. Dammit! It's always something. I'm going back to Beer Stein collecting!!!

CarPlayLB

LOL!! Hey I just thougt of something. What the hell am I going to put on the original manifold when I slap this one on the bottom and move the carb down there? I'll need a friggin cover for that one. Dammit! It's always something. I'm going back to Beer Stein collecting!!!
Just do like Havasu Dave does and collect empty beer cans!
A cover does not have to complicated. Most times you can just make a plate from aluminum and seal it up. Can ya take a pic of the carb side of that manifold? Is that a diaphram type carb?
If you want to send me the gasket, I can make you more if needed!

Just do like Havasu Dave does and collect empty beer cans!
A cover does not have to complicated. Most times you can just make a plate from aluminum and seal it up. Can ya take a pic of the carb side of that manifold? Is that a diaphram type carb?
If you want to send me the gasket, I can make you more if needed!
This would probably be an entertaining project thread, watching me try to get this going no? HAHA Could ultimately very informative though!

Hey did your carb get there and is it good for you?

The plate opened easily.

Looks pretty clean in there. Nice engine.

But this is where the journey enbyds. The new manifold has a set of wings on the inside that most likey do what you were saying regarding throwing the fuel air mixture around the crank and such. So in short it doesn't fit. I supposee I could grind the wings off..