2015 Build off entry, Harrison Wildrat vintage class

Finally moving foreward, dropped the frame, forks, and a few small mounting items off at the powdercoaters yesterday, also took the wheel halves, sprocket, brake housing and kickstand over to be sandblasted, will post pics soon......................I wonder if my wife will let me bring it inside like Jeeps did??.....................................Tom.

jeep4me

Moving right along.

Which powdercoater did you end up going with? Color??

I brought mine inside while my wife was shopping, she still doesn't realize it's in the house.... haha!!

Last edited:
Ended up out at Magnum Powdercoating, was nice to see Steve and his wife again, been a long time, had a good visit and went over color options, I told him I wanted a nice sparkle metalflake, he uses a product called "Jr Rockstar" that he mixes with the clear, he said he will do 2 coats of the metalflake/clear over the base color for a more pronounced effect, I cant wait to see it!!!........:smile:.........I chose Banshee Yellow, the wheels/sprocket/brake and kickstand will be an aluminum color, I will try sneaking it into the basement when I get it back........:wink:.........I'll let you know how that works out for me!.................:laugh:................Tom.

Phase 3 001.JPG Phase 3 008.JPG
Finally got around to getting a few more things done, had the wheel halves, brake housing and kickstand sand blasted, a special thanks to Cheezy1 for setting me up with the kickstand!..........Origionally I was going to keep things an aluminum color but after looking through the paint rack at my local NAPA store I decided on a metallic silver Duplicolor wheel paint, got the wheels assembled, was hoping to hear from the powdercoater on Fri but hopefully next week, need to pick up the wheel and steer neck bearings yet, snapped a few pics for now, amazingly the wife said ok to bringing things into the basement for assembly, less engine of course...............................................Tom.

buckeye

I really am a fan of Duplicolor paint. If you're rattle canning.

They look great Tom.
I'd be going crazy in anticipation of seeing how that frame turns out. Lots of sparkle!

DSCN2317.JPG DSCN2315.JPG

Finally picked up the frame and forks on Monday, I really like the color but the flake doesn't show as well as I would like, it does look good in the sunlight......................................Tom.

Picked up these little gems from 125ccCrazy a few months ago, excellent quality and look great!...........Another member and I got his last two sets, cant wait to get them painted up and begin some assembly!.........................Tom.

DSCN2319.JPG

The handlebars were in rough shape, I had intended to just buy a nice set but ended up using my origionals in the end, they were tweaked in a couple of directions, A little heat and gentle massaging got them back into shape, I sanded them down, hit them with a couple coats of primer and then the duplicolor gloss white I used on the fenders, turned out pretty nice........................................Tom.

DSCN2326.JPG