2015 Build off entry, Harrison Wildrat vintage class

Thanks guys, the wife gave me the ok to do some clean assy in the basement, gave Sixpack my rear brake housing for some bushing work, hope to get more done next week, time to get started on the engine!.........................Tom.

Made a bit more progress, as I was installing the brakes one of the linings fell off the metal shoe, I had concidered going to a local brake shop and having it rebonded, but after speaking with another member I decided to mix up a batch of JB weld and reattach it myself, turned out great and was able to assemble and install the rear wheel assy, bolted in the jackshaft and installed the rear drive chain, it"s officially a roller!...............................Tom. DSCN2367.JPG DSCN2369.JPG

Decided to get a seat base made up, went out and found a small sheet of 3/4" pine, cut and shaped it using the origional seat as a guide, set it on the frame and carefully marked the hole locations, drilled the holes and drove in the 1/4-20 T-lock nuts, it's now ready for my interior guy!...........................................Tom...... DSCN2373.JPG DSCN2374.JPG DSCN2375.JPG DSCN2376.JPG DSCN2377.JPG

Here's something thats cool!!.............I had been trying to locate either an origional or aftermarket clutch cover and mounting bracket, no luck, Cheezy ended up sending the dimentions of his origionals over to Sixpack440 who with the skills of a mad scientist turned out and awesome copy of each!.............I can't thank them enough!!........:thumbsup:.......The cover will look great and really help complete the package.................:smile:...........................Tom. DSCN2371.JPG

Made a bit more progress, I had mocked up the clutch guard bracket on the engine and drilled the holes at home yesterday, brought them into work today, set up the guard on the bracket and drilled the mounting holes, cleaned things up a bit and applied a couple coats of primer and then the multiple finish coats of Duplicolor gloss white engine enamel, the same paint I will be using on the engine later, turned out pretty good I think, also, I would like to introduce Mini Mitts little friend Matrix, he kept an eye on me today making sure I wasn't slacking!....................:smile:....................Tom DSCN2378.JPG DSCN2381.JPG DSCN2382.JPG DSCN2385.JPG

Decided to get started on the engine, I used it last summer but towards the end of the season I started to have problems with the idle quality, went through it and installed new diaphram/spring assy but still not right, ended up picking a good used carb up from Jeep4me, gave it a good cleaning and transfered the diaphram over, rund/idles good, I'm going with a stepped straight pipe to clear the rear fender and need to drill and tap the broken fastner in the block.................................Tom. DSCN2640_01.JPG DSCN2642_01.JPG DSCN2644_01.JPG

Went and visited an old friend a few days ago, He's an interior guy and has done a lot of work for me in the past, I told him I was thinking of a white seat with yellow piping, he said he had an idea and some material I might like, I brought my old seat over and we used it for the pattern, I really dig the sparkle and think it will go good with the flake in the frame.....................Tom. DSCN2666_01.JPG DSCN2669_01.JPG DSCN2671_01.JPG DSCN2672_01.JPG DSCN2673_01.JPG

beekeeper (Tom) is being modest about his friend of 35 or so years who was his seat maker.
The guys name is Rex Parsons. He has been doing this stuff at least 32 years.
Check this link out ...
1930 Ford Coupe - Street Rodder Magazine

Here is a quote:
"a pair of custom buckets upholstered in pleated white and black vinyl work perfectly to accent the matching door and kick panels as well as the headliner all by Rex Parson of Grand Rapids, Michigan, giving the car plenty of good looks"

He has done this caliber work for years.

That being said, Manchester1's work on mini bike seats is truly "World Class".