2015 OldMiniBikes Build Off Biffmini Open Class

Biffmini

Hay OldMiniBikes,
thought I'd try this build off thing, 1st one for motivation to get my project done!
Building a mini for my daughter, but I'd say I'm really getting in to it.
Sheesh the pressure is on now. I'm entering the open class & building a General Appliance mini. 186.JPG
I'd sure like to know what yrs. this mini was sold & where they were sold.
Had one when I was a kid but no shocks & swing arm. Here we go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Biffmini

I got little work done this weekend on my vintage moped forks. Removed fender mounts & pitted chrome. Waiting on new fender to rework mounts.
Then I'll be painting Them black. 002.JPG 004.JPG

Very nice! Depending on what forks were originally on your bike, it could have been a Trail Horse or Trail Blazer(some were badged as Montgomery Wards as well). From my research, I have only found original survivor bikes from late 1969 thorugh 1971. They may have been made longer, or as I said badged for department stores longer than that but I haven't found anything dated as such. Looks like you have a great start here!!!

Biffmini

Thanks for the info , I though may be a Trail Horse. I scraped the original forks because I'm not a fan of bushings & A hookie front end.
It's nice to have bearings & shocks that work. Also thanks for knowing what I mean to say!:laugh:

Biffmini

Almost done with custom fab, tacked on fork yoke & headset stop. Also added cruiser peg mounts, ( 3/8x 1/2 steel spacers).
Removed stock peg mounts & moved them back for more foot room. Lowered rear shock mounts for a bit more frame height.
Added seat support towards rear. One more thing to tack on rear fender mount. Just tacking I don't trust my welding skills so much!
So It's off to the welding shop this week, then I'll be ready for paint, Oh ya can't forget kick stand mount View attachment 69307

I really look forward to the updates on this!! Really cool build!! The Blazer/Horse frames are a nice size to work with and they are beefy!! :thumbsup:

Biffmini

Progress Report.... Mini frame is back from welding shop with improvements, Thought I'd share pics.
of simple jigs. to keep things in place for welding. mini bike 002.JPG mini bike 008.JPG
Cruiser pegs & lowered 1 1/2" shock mounts

Biffmini

More progress

All welded up! I finished setting up front & rear fenders.
A little setup work and I'll be ready for paint... mini bike 014.JPG mini bike 018.JPG mini bike 016.JPG mini bike 001.JPG

Thanks for the positive posts, This Build is a blast!

Biffmini

I've been priming & painting forks.
While I'm waiting for paint to dry I polished the front wheel, so much nicer than just cleaned & sanded.
I'm forced to polish the rear wheel & sprocket hub now. Wow! those old wheels clean up nice. mini bike 007.JPG
I decided on a paint color Mopar snakeskin green or similar it will go perfect with my seat.
mini bike 009.JPG

Biffmini

Thanks, OND coming from a master builder/Artist like you, I'm honored to get a compliment...
That SAVAGE, is a cool ride!!! Ohh and the color is pretty cool to.:smile:
Did you make your clutch cover? I'm trying to gather some options for a clutch cover

Hey Biff, you are doing a great job on that mini....keep up tha good work. Clutch cover came off Ebay , the only one like it that I have. What about a lil Indian cover ?