2016 Build off is finally here!

72 Coleman Sport Bike would be vintage class correct? I have a bike and a box of parts.
Sounds like it! Just make sure the power plant is an era correct style or an original engine to the bike and you should be good to go. If you have any further questions, or something still isn't clear, please ask.

Pat

Don't want to over load myself so I think I'm gonna do one bike and stick with that till it's done. I need it done by windber anyway so time to hustle and get this thing going. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Lol
68' bonanza bc1300 front peg with a built up gx200
Gonna try a squeeze a 14- 5.50 x6 double Indian head tire in the back.

I'm thinking about playing also.. I have Survivor Booine Or a Survivor Trapper, I haven't made a decision on the bike yet....
I've seen the photos of the Boonie Eric. Question is, how does one restore a "survivor?" Once you find that gear shit and put some wax on it, you'll spend the next five and a half month twiddling your thumbs. Of course it may take you six months to find that shifter. :laugh: Billet would look cool!

So a Toyoco Masher 500 with PW80 forks and a clone would be vintage open? And can we get medium pic's and not thumb nails? Its a real pain to have to click on every pic and some of those troll pic's (cell phone)are real hard to see even when you open them :doah:

So a Toyoco Masher 500 with PW80 forks and a clone would be vintage open? And can we get medium pic's and not thumb nails? Its a real pain to have to click on every pic and some of those troll pic's (cell phone)are real hard to see even when you open them :doah:
Vintage frame...any powerplant.
As far as pics...we prefer at least medium pics. But if you are having trouble posting them or do not know how to do that...please contact mrpat or myself and one of us will try to help. Due to the many types of devices out there that people log in with...we know it isn't always possible...so no worries and just try your best.

I have a BC 1100 that I started a project thread on . All I did to it was take it apart and blast the frame and cleaned up the wheels . I want to enter VINTAGE class , have I done to much ?
I'am wanting to get right with the purist on the site and do a correct restoration. So can I enter that class ?

I have a BC 1100 that I started a project thread on . All I did to it was take it apart and blast the frame and cleaned up the wheels . I want to enter VINTAGE class , have I done to much ?
I'am wanting to get right with the purist on the site and do a correct restoration. So can I enter that class ?
Yes..Vintage Class
1979616_509685309135772_1015961330_n.jpg

This is comical. :laugh: And because I'm not going to go behind your back and whine, I'll remind you of the following:

Last year, I took a rust bucket pile of Powell parts, did all of my own fabrication, paint, everything but the HS40 block I had to buy, since I didn't have one- and I cut the seat mount down and installed a solo seat, and right there in my build thread, you said it was no longer "vintage." A frikking seat mount and seat! A swap that requires removing one T bolt! And you weren't even a participant.

Rule #2:

"2. Any project already started will be in the "Just for fun" class. You can start gathering parts and materials, but no fab work, paint or anything else will be started until after January 1st."

On my project, if it was currently bare framed, and wheels off and cleaned up, it would be 1/3 of the way done. (Mini Gote) Don't misunderstand me, I don't give a darn what you do, and the decision is already made. But I call BS. :thumbsup:

This is comical. :laugh: And because I'm not going to go behind your back and whine, I'll remind you of the following:

Last year, I took a rust bucket pile of Powell parts, did all of my own fabrication, paint, everything but the HS40 block I had to buy, since I didn't have one- and I cut the seat mount down and installed a solo seat, and right there in my build thread, you said it was no longer "vintage." A frikking seat mount and seat! A swap that requires removing one T bolt! And you weren't even a participant.

Rule #2:

"2. Any project already started will be in the "Just for fun" class. You can start gathering parts and materials, but no fab work, paint or anything else will be started until after January 1st."

On my project, if it was currently bare framed, and wheels off and cleaned up, it would be 1/3 of the way done. (Mini Gote) Don't misunderstand me, I don't give a darn what you do, and the decision is already made. But I call BS. :thumbsup:
Hi Dave....please remember one thing in this years build.....it is not last years build.
Second....there have been a couple people so far that are starting at the same point...they stripped the paint. Honestly...I can't see penalizing someone for having the paint off the bike already. I can remember a couple years ago when a member who ran the build had their frame and parts already bead blasted/paint stripped before he started his build. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/O...2014-a/89419-bonanza-build-vintage-class.html
That being said...please remember this is for fun....and not a job. Thanks

Hi Dave....please remember one thing in this years build.....it is not last years build.
No problem Bill. My post wasn't directed at the moderators. I'm all good, and hopefully Pat has forwarded to you my very positive comments on what you're doing this year.

No doubt, I could benefit from a class on proper etiquette on social networking sites. Learn to be more copacetic and go with the flow. What can I say, it was the first thing I read this morning, and I came real close to spitting that first gulp of 2016 coffee all over my screen.

I will be entering this year's build off, and will "not" be one of the competitors bitching via PM's. :laugh: