2016 Build off is finally here!

No problem Bill. My post wasn't directed at the moderators. I'm all good, and hopefully Pat has forwarded to you my very positive comments on what you're doing this year.

No doubt, I could benefit from a class on proper etiquette on social networking sites. Learn to be more copacetic and go with the flow. What can I say, it was the first thing I read this morning, and I came real close to spitting that first gulp of 2016 coffee all over my screen.

I will be entering this year's build off, and will "not" be one of the competitors bitching via PM's. :laugh:
No worries Dave...I respect your opinions and appreciate your support. I am sure there will be some issues like every year. We are all ears and want to hear any issues people are having. But please everyone contact mrpat or myself with them and lets try to make this a smooth and fun build off. Thanks

Ok..after some research and some review....Mr. Wulf's build would be in the JFF class. I appreciate his honesty and letting me know about his prior build thread on the bike. And I also appreciate him wanting to be in the right class and PMing me about it to be sure.But unfortunately...there was fab work done to the kickstand mount in the thread. For "Vintage class"...there must be no fab work before you post your build....paint removal is fine. Thanks

Ok..after some research and some review....Mr. Wulf's build would be in the JFF class. I appreciate his honesty and letting me know about his prior build thread on the bike. And I also appreciate him wanting to be in the right class and PMing me about it to be sure.But unfortunately...there was fab work done to the kickstand mount in the thread. For "Vintage class"...there must be no fab work before you post your build....paint removal is fine. Thanks
In the spirit of the season, and the fact that I "went off" on something that happened a year ago, I respectfully request Mr. Wulf's project be reconsidered for inclusion in the Vintage Class.

Reasons:

1. He's fab'd a stand mount- something he can do in an hour anyway.
2. He's not cutting up a vintage frame for once.
3. I'd feel a lot better about it.

As you said, it's for fun, and once again I let my emotions and mouth get the better of me. I apologize all the way around. Should this decision be binding, I'll gladly include my build in the JFF class as well.

Returning this year with my Bird "Fury".
I entered last year, but withdrew when the project stalled.
No actual work has been done, but the JFF class is my choice as I will likely change the engine.
I will post an entry soon.

In the spirit of the season, and the fact that I "went off" on something that happened a year ago, I respectfully request Mr. Wulf's project be reconsidered for inclusion in the Vintage Class.

Reasons:

1. He's fab'd a stand mount- something he can do in an hour anyway.
2. He's not cutting up a vintage frame for once.
3. I'd feel a lot better about it.

As you said, it's for fun, and once again I let my emotions and mouth get the better of me. I apologize all the way around. Should this decision be binding, I'll gladly include my build in the JFF class as well.
Thank you Dave for being a gentleman and an all around stand up guy . But I really sorta did start on it and I did spend 16 plus hours polishing the wheels so I really have started the build . So it's going in the fun class , but it's going to be the best all original BC 1100 out there .
And I'am not going to cut it up .
I do have a BC 1200 that's going to get the works . But I will not cut the frame .

Cutting up vintage frames is no longer a part of my life .:devil2:

red trapper.jpg All right This is the bike I'm going to do I have to get up to my storage in grayling to bring it down to the shop in the next couple of weeks but you can expect a crazy vintage custom out of this one!!

Last edited:
Just wanna thank Drew for this site and allowing a build-off this year.
Always great watching the talent on here and seeing the builds come together.
Wouldn't have happened either if mrpat and cheezy didn't step up to mod it.
Even though I've yet to comment in any of the build threads I'm watching all of them.
Have fun with it guys,tnat's really what its all about.

Yep, the Build Off is here and just about over for another year. I just wanted to say that I always have a great time doing this every year and can't wait till next year.
No doubt some of the best mini bike builders/fabricators are right here on this forum !
GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS !!!

I second OND's post. I have no illusions of winning, but just to be in the presence of some of the best builders known has been an incredible and true honor. There have been some amazing bikes to come out this year. Everyone did a great job. And...thank you all for letting me play!!

Doc

Well I have to third ya Doc and Ond , what an incredible number of outstanding builds this year , so great to watch and learn and the friendships made is just Awesome !

I hope to get one finished next year. I have some ideas and I will keep my eyes open for a project. Thanks for running the Build-Off and the advice when I needed it.