2016 MiniKenny Bonanza BC500 vintage open

Get the red nose ready, I don't have all the parts yet!

This looked like a good place to post progress and get help. Nothing too wild is planned but I don't have the correct engine or wheels so Open Class it is. :thumbsup:

Kidney beans and new tires

Making progress - kidney beans and new tires. I probably would sit on it and make vroom vroom noises but I don't have my seat yet. Its too uncomfortable, I tried! :eek:ut::laugh:
20160212_225922.jpg

So I have "A" kickstand. It might be an original that someone modified by flattening out the hump and adding extra holes. :doah:

20160214_125931.jpg

With the price of these things I would like to use this one for now and mount it such that it works right and looks somewhat correct from the top.

Question: What is this U-bracket I read about? Does it just bridge the hump to give a flat mounting place and space it downward? How tall or how far down should I space it? I was just gonna make a flat spacer maybe utilize the extra holes to attach to the spacer with a through hole to attach to the engine plate. I hope that makes sense and am I on the right track? :laugh: It's sometimes hard for me when I don't have a correct assembly to look at.

Thanks in advance,
Ken