2016 MiniKenny Bonanza BC500 vintage open

Final Update

20160530_084309.jpg 20160530_084152.jpg

That's as far as I got. It will not be finished by the deadline. I want to thank you for allowing me to play along like I knew how to build a minibike. :facepalm::blink: Engine runs great, brake and throttle controls are working fine, the minimum it needs to be rideable is a chain. Footpegs and chain guard would be nice to have also. Chain is kicking my butt. With the engine all the way to the back it seems the chain will drag on the engine plate.

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and am miserable. Even if I got the chain installed there is no way I could ride the thing right now.

So funny story on how I ended up in this buildoff with all of you talented builders. When I joined I was unfamiliar with the site layout. I wanted to put this project somewhere and looked at "projects and rides" or whatever it was called at the time. There was a sticky at the top (it's not there anymore) that said:

PLEASE READ! THIS SECTION IS FOR DOCUMENTING PROGRESS AND SHOWING HOW TO DO THINGS ONLY! DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS IN THE SECTION OR YOUR DUMB ASS WILL BE DELETED!! (or words to that effect.:laugh:)

I read that :eek: and says, that ain't gonna work! I've never built a minibike before, I'm gonna have all kinds of questions! :laugh: I can't put my project here, this must be reserved for experts only!

So I kept looking and found the buildoff section. It didn't say ANYTHING about not being able to ask questions so I joined up! :laugh: Of course I totally missed the part about having to make and post a video. That is something that is way beyond my ability level. I would have ended up with a red nose even if I had finished on time!

Anyway, thanks again. Special thanks to Karen for making the seat and Cory for making the decals. I'll get it all figured out when my neck heals up.

Until then,
20160530_085231.jpg

Sorry to hear about your neck Kenny!! Bike looks fantastic!! Please post finished picts when you get her finished and your feeling better!! :thumbsup: