5 spoke mag comparison pics

Here's the three 5 spoke mags that people get confused with:

The one on the left is a Trailhorse mag also used on some others and looks like a mid 70s Z28 wheel. The center one is an Astro style wheel used on Ruttman and Barris bikes as well as some others. Looks like the rounded American racing wheels. Dave Miller uses these on a lot of his customs. The one on the right is the King O Lawn wheel used on the Mickey bike and some other KOL brand bikes. Looks like the "pointed" style American racing wheels.

I guess having a fine collection of parts it would be fair to display as well as educate everyone to look for the diamond in the rough. And to see past the ugly rust and paint and see the jewel be it the whole mini or just parts. Without all this educational information then the scrap yards win and we loose.
Steve :scooter:

Mac

Ain't got that. Do have a nice 4" aluminum 2 piece wheel though...
I wonder how many people have tossed out the 4" steel rims over the years.
I've seen them on all kinds of things.

Packing For Pomona.........Tired just thinking about it.

Yeah...Show'em what a Lil' Indian 4" STEEL rim looks like when you do.
Ok, the one with the tire came on my Ruttman judge, and the bare one I bought a long time ago. I think they are the same, I don't know if the Lil Indian 4" steelies are the same or not??

anyone got a sprocket carrier for one of those astros style wheels for sale? I had a chunk blow out of the carrier on my trailhorse.