6.5 baja heat minibob "black betty"

Wow, that really looks good. That thing will be a blast.
Simply Awesome.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
so awesome dude, personally I love how the big tank looks.
thanks, i think once its painted and done it will fit a lot better

Cut the stock rear fender, I took a good 4 inches off mine

Bike looks great with the front end finished, how does it ride?
thats what ill most likely do, i was also thinking about cutting the notch for the tube on the front side more, drilling different mounting holes and rotating it so it covers more of the front of the tire...not sure yet, still throwing around ideas in my head...i like your metallic paint

it rides real nice, i thought cutting the springs to shorten the travel was a little too much but i think even after an almost full tank on the backbone, it will still handle it nice...if i get bored i might rake the front out a little...but that will be way down the road as its a big project by itself

Tav came in, and I've had nothing but trouble with it, seems I've had to shim the $&@# out of it. (tav30 with the stamped steel backplate on a predator 212 engine in a Baja heat frame) Rivets on the back where it mounts to the engine makes it impossible to mount without shims there, needed a shim between the driven & 10 tooth gear because the chain was hitting, thus I needed to shim the driver out to align the belt right, then I'm left with little thread to hold it all together...and the chain is still slightly off. Anyone else run into this problem?? I'm very.....unsatisfied right now

joekd

I didn't have any issues at all, no shims needed and everything lined up fine with the motor mounted using the OEM holes in the frame

My setup is a blue clone with the steel backing plate TAV on a Warrior

got everything lined up enough to take it for a 5 mile test drive....LOVED IT!! it now tops out at 40-41 mph with a stock predator going on a slight decline(iphone app MPH/KPH Speedometer, its been spot on after getting a good signal in a car so its a semi reliable speedometer) only thing is sometimes it did not "shift" when i thought it should, maybe the belt was slipping. ill try moving the rear tire to the right side some in hopes to be able to remove unnecessary shims and maybe get it to work better. i noticed the rear tire favoring the left a little so i think that might be where my misalignment is....ill find out in the next day or two

hey, sorry about the 2 month hiatus, money got real tight and was out of town a lot...but im back with a little update.

i got the shock boots installed, painted the front end and the wheel

and this gas tank came in today, still need to get a petcock, cap, coat the inside, paint it, and mount it...but here is where it will most likely reside...a little big but o well

i also picked up a predator engine because i was having trouble with the stock one...and i bought this on ebay for $140 in the 40/41 chain flavor

i still need to paint the rear wheel, figure out what i want to do for the rear fender (possibly a front fender?), install tav, finish and install new tank and i should be happy for a little while. the tank location in the pictures (i think) gives it the best location for looks while still allowing decent steering without hitting. its a little bigger than i was hoping but i think it will grow on me, it will have to actually. what do you guys think?
Great work man, bike looks bad ass now. :thumbsup: Tank looks great. :thumbsup:

joekd

If you are thinking of a header check out my thread on the one from hotrodminibike

Ran the Warrior for the first time today with it installed and loved the sound

i love this minibob. I suggest painting it matte black and putting a big headlight on it. that would be sick.... are you going to put a header on?
The tank will be the same i used for the forks...which is Krylon Rust Tough Semi-flat black, leftover from a jeep axle swap. i like it and havent had a problem with it yet. id like to get a headlight, have to piece together a system when i have time/money as usual. id like to make a little toolbox disguised as an oil tank to house a battery and some small tools incase it breaks down, but that wont happen for a while.

If you are thinking of a header check out my thread on the one from hotrodminibike

Ran the Warrior for the first time today with it installed and loved the sound
i was actually just reading your thread about it, i couldnt find the one you got on their site though, how much was it shipped? did you run it with the muffler you had or without? get the brace made up?

i read somewhere someone added a filter and header on an otherwise all stock predator and kept the stock jets and it ran much better...if i remember that right that might be all i do to it for now (after i get the tank fully installed)

joekd

i was actually just reading your thread about it, i couldnt find the one you got on their site though, how much was it shipped? did you run it with the muffler you had or without? get the brace made up?
I emailed Brad which is how i found out about this pipe. The one on his site for the warrior is the same header but has the 3/4" threaded muffler, mine is just straight pipe made for the 1" RLV. It was $39.95 but that does not include the RLV which I already had.

In this thread there is a vid link to it running with the RLV attached, you can just see the quick brace I made going from the original heat shield mount post under the left side of the seat to the bottom of the RLV clamp

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-engines/55159-hotrodminibike-warrior-header.html

havent really been able to get work done on this bike...i picked up another the other day thats been getting my attention. got it off CL for $60, its a '77 doodlebug style mini, its now completely apart getting stripped and paint soon, probably picking up a 212 to put in while they're still on sale, thinking about midnight blue to match my jeep, with black wheels.

i was able to order the petcock and cap for my sportster tank, so now all i need to do is remove the stock tank, weld on some tank mount brackets, paint it and hook her up. a better update should be in a few days when i make some progress on the tank.

i've been sick since my last post so i still havent really done much. took off the stock tank and painted the new one thats about it...still need to paint the rear wheel....

buckeye

Dude, that just turned out great.
I just painted my Baja rims with rustoleum metalic. Turned out great.
Not on this scale but turned out cool.

eventually i want to put on a cone filter and header...trying to think up an intake manifold to point it forward or straight up (maybe backwards). something similar to this but in minibike form

i was able to weld on the tank mounting brackets so the gas tank is on and secure, and all hooked up, all i need is some gas to test her out.

is there a preference for gas? should i always be using higher 93 octane or will 87 be good? 93 better or worse for these small engines?

next thing to tackle is the rear fender and how i want to modify it and to fix a front fork leak