60s doodlebug. what brand or style throttle grips were used??

Doodle, I just finished typing you a 150 word PM describing the stop light switch system on the 63 Doodlebug and when I tried to send it I'm getting an error message that says you may not be allowed to receive PM despite the fact that we have been corresponding via PM's for the last few days. Go figure. In any case here are two pic of the stop switch that Fox used on their Doodlebugs that had an electrical system. These Fox ones are virtually impossible to find but the Chevrolets back in the sixties used this type of switch in the door jamb to turn the interior lights on when the door was opened. In the past 12 years I've only ever seen one on ebay. Are you able to post any pics of your bike in this thread? By the way; I did get your PM with the ebay link to the picture. Ogy

I'm still here Dave. Been working on motors every day for the past five or six months. Ten Briggs & Strattons. Five 3hp and five 4hp. Finished the last one up today and no parts left over. That's always a good sign. Now to see if they will all start and run. I'll post some pics. Ogy

markus

I'll add a a little to the above info from my findings:

That switch was actually a parking brake indicator switch in some of the GM cars. It was made by Indak, Ive nver seen a direct fit one but they could be modded on the bracket to work like the fox bracket. but they are not easy to find either. Not all cars were factory fitted with the brake indicator, don't usually see them listed on their own only with Accessory kits where the bracket is usually different (and pretty pricey).

the switch can be found with a lot of different variations on the bracket part, and you can take it apart and somewhat "service" it and get them working again if you are lucky enough to still find early cars in a junkyard near you to pull one from (all them around here were crushed when scrap went up).

this one is listed as a 1963 impala and is about the closest to the actual fox style bracket I was ever able to find:

george3

He talked shit. Bad mouthed the wrong people. That wasent enough for him. Ok that happens but saying dirty low life crap isnt cool at all.

He talked shit. Bad mouthed the wrong people. That wasent enough for him. Ok that happens but saying dirty low life crap isnt cool at all.
Thanks for clearing that up George. Boy, I sure miss a lot of what's happening on OldMiniBikes. I'm going to have to start checking more than my normal four to five times a day. Ogy