All original SURVIVORS

This Bonanza looks to be mostly original..I replaced the grips, kill switch and installed the "plumbers" exhaust system to get it running..otherwise it's just as I found it some 20 years ago. Front Springs, kidney bean wheels, original brake hub, seat, Carlisle Indian Head tires, Tecumseh 2.5 hp, clutch guard is original but not sure about the chain guard? BTW, this hardtail has the factory brake cable mount welded to the bottom rail which I believe goes against the conventional wisdom....

KK-Kid

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Continental Deco Military

Not a bike, but an original NOS military Continental, with paperwork. Still sporting a shielded ignition and heated intake for severe weather. I may use this one in a Army themed Tote Gote.

That is a sweet Connie, it needs to live on a minibike or kart. It's been in limbo long enough LOL ! :thumbsup:

It'd be great on a military themed machine!

tom52

new project
see the dirt i dug out of the cylinder on the skid plate
the piston is frozen, soaked in pb blaster for to weeks no luck
any suggestions

Survivor Bike Photos

This was started in the vintage area. The vintage area is for 6" wheels and smaller. Please post photos in this thread of bikes that you feel are a 'survivor'. If it is a US bike with wheels that are 6" or smaller post over in vintage, or here. If you are not sure, put it here.:smile:

Here is a Super Bronc of Waynes

new project
see the dirt i dug out of the cylinder on the skid plate
the piston is frozen, soaked in pb blaster for to weeks no luck
any suggestions
your gonna have to tear it all down and clean it up piece by piece. The lower end probrobly isnt much better

Wrong motor id

OK, since we are doing motors, check out this gem. It had more original paint, but I cleaned the carb with a shot of gumout and I found out the hard way it takes off paint, and decals. :doah: I put some fresh gas in it and it starts on the first pull, runs like a champ too:thumbsup: it's a 1968 80202 motor:smile:

WOW!!,This is the 1st time I have ever seen this.It looks to be a factory error.Your engine is definately a model 80212 not 80202.A 80202 engine would definately NOT have mounting holes around the crank area.An 80212 means it has plain NON ball bearing PTO with a 4 hole pattern,which is exactly what this is!!!. THIS IS UN-REAL TO SAY THE LEAST!!!:doah::smile:

I think somebody needs to correctly (or solidly) define what constitutes a "survivor"... Because many people here seem rather confused....I've seen many pics of bikes here, and on the other thread that are faaaar from what I would consider..."survivors". :shrug:

Can we as a group... come up with some ideas, thoughts,and suggestions ?!?!