Alsport Tri sport

Phase 3 Racer survivor

Hey Wjustice, that's cool. Doi you know if that trike was ever restored?
I'm still here. I read often. Just don't feel I have much to say that anyone wants to hear. My hubby still has both the Phase 3 Racer and the RTS. As far as restoring, no they've not been restored. But they've sure been ridden. At least the phase 3. He ran it this summer on a country road next to a friends Mustang attempting to clock speed. Mustang couldn't keep up. Lol. We need to find a longer road. That thing is scary fast!

Thats great you still have them and you are riding the trikes. I know the Phase III is scary fast. I only had mine going a few times this summer and then the stator was giving me trouble and would only run for about 10 min and then would lose spark on both sides. I would let it cool down and it would start up right away and then stop again after it got hot. I have it apart right now trying to get some parts and then get it back together soon.

wjustice

Trent, running for around ten minutes and stopping is also a symptom of failing coils.
Outcry, some axles and parts can be had. It depends on what you need. And by axle do you mean the differential?

Wjustice I will know more Saturday when its my posession but right now I know it needs the universal joint.....originally thought it was the axle but the seller told me its the u joint today.

wjustice

The u-joints are standard type available at farm/industrial supply. If it has u-joints, then its a newer RTS style which will be everyones next question. And then pics always pics.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is the newer RTS...only say that becuause the u joints....and it has the fenders.... Saweet!!!
Let me post the crappy pics I have as it sits now. 00A0A_2hkLqktVWEk_600x450.jpg 00P0P_cZQcWIO47Nd_600x450.jpg
Hate the way people let them sit but definitely looks like an RTS ......speedo....headlight.....fenders...u joints....300 bucks no problem lol.

wjustice

Not having a title is common as i think only the street legals had them. It looks like it may be a SL because of the lights, rear body and fenders but the rollbar isnt normally on them. If thatvhas been sitting outside the engine is probably seized at the crank. The manifold setup lets water run straight to the crankcase and wipes the bearings. Can you read the engine plate, is it a 290 or 340.

I can't read the engine plate. He said the engine has been covered and was parked running but I plan on a rebuild anyways. I might get lucky.
I plan to pick it up Friday so I will have a lot more info and pics then.

Thanks Wjustice I was thinking it might be the coils but all the shops here said it couldn't be. Maybe I should just change them to. I have it all apart already.
That does look like a SL . Looks like a great project.