Alsport Tri sport

[/IMG]

Hey Steve and Wjustice you guys seem like the Tri Sport experts. That street legal tri sport has no spark and does not run. The guy wants 6K for it and will not go down. More that I want to spend. I found this one the other day, it runs but has a yamaha 340 in it. The guy took out the original 340 and its in a scrap metal pile some where. His price is not bad , if I could find a motor for it. I have searched up here in Canada for a 340 Kohler and have had no luck so far. Do you guys know where there might be one for sale. I am going to start to look at the snowmobile wreckers up here this next week.

Hi Trent : When I bought back the Street legal RTS that I had originally sold to the owner it had a 340 Kohler that was just rope start. So I went to a company in Crystal, Mi and they sold me a brand new Kohler 440 2AS engine with a electric starter. I had to weld a small strip of steel to the side of the engine mount for the wider engines footprint.
The are still in business and they are called Growth Products Inc.
And yes 6 K is ridiculous price even if it ran and was in top shape. I regret ever selling the one I built up and I sold it for $2500.00 plus shipping. That was back in 2006 or 7 don't remember.
Steve :scooter:

wjustice

I looked for a kohler 2ax engine for a while. Finally I used the original junk engine along with a second basket case and an ebay crank and built my own. Parts are out there if you are willing to collect them.

[/IMG]

Here is my new toy. I drove for 12 hours today to go and get this trike. The farmer that had it used it as a sprayer. He had a 30 gallon tank mounted on top of the motor and it had a 10 foot boom along the back. He bought it new from my dads cousin in the mid 70's. he only wanted $600 for it. It has not ran for 2 years and needs some work. I think it was a great buy. I might need some help with a few things on it.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Kohler K3402AX , K&H Hydraulic brakes , Street legal if ya get some rear lights back on it.

Great looking Trike :thumbsup:

[/IMG]

Hey Steve, It does need some work , but I am very happy with it. No I do not have the luggage rack or the headrest. The taillight was taken off to mount his sprayer tank on. He also cut the wires going to the tail light and wired it to run his sprayer pump. I through a new battery in it and mixed up some gas. It started up right away and really runs nice. I have a question about the gas tank, how is it held on? when I removed the cover at the back the tank came off with it. And yes bikebudy If I can get some lights at the back I hope to plate it and drive it.