Animal, 206 and WF questions

I just bought a minibike with an Animal engine on it. The owner was telling me about "stuff" but I didn't follow everything he was saying. I know I have the blue coil. I think it was an addition, not stock.

He talked about Animals, 206's, Jr 206's, World Formulas etc. I just started nodding my head like I was following what he was saying. I wasn't. I just wanted to buy the bike and get home. I was late as it was. I didn't have time for clarification on what he was saying.

So. What are the differences and how do I find out exactly what I have?
I can post pictures once I know what you want pics of...
Thanks

Danford1

Here is an overall pic of the bike.

File_001 (27).jpeg

Last edited:

buckeye

Dr Shop Teacher to the phone.:laugh:
Dr Shop Teacher. .
He knows for sure.:thumbsup:
I kinda do but, I would definitely steer ya wrong.
Billet rod, flywhe3l, different coil, different carb, and I think that is it.
Don't believe a word I tell you.:hammer:

CarPlayLB

wrong side of engine to really tell! Get us a pic of the other side. from this side it could be any of those options!

125ccCrazy

if the intake manifold bolts are horizontal and a black metal intake it's most likely an animal or could be a standard 6.5hp....if the manifold bolts are vertical with a cast aluminum intake it's a wf or at least a wf head... This is my big valve wf
20150629_173202.jpg 20150629_173245.jpg

Last edited:
Buckeye's advice to contact me is dead wrong! :laugh: I built a 205cc 6 hp Intek bushing engine. It has some Animal parts, but I did my homework with help from a West Coast Briggs expert. Mine has a regular coil with the old style JRRacing billet flywheel.

Sorry, CarPlay and 125cc are your go-to guys and have already started to help you out. Sometimes it may look like an Briggs Animal, but a few bucks in covers, manifold and a slide carb and voila! Especially check the serial number--Animals/WFs have a different sequence than Inteks. To help identify what you've got, see this site: Briggs & Stratton Racing - Kart Racing Engines, News, Videos

Here are some pics. Where is the serial number? To answer another question, yes 10" tires. It is a 1971 Sears Puddle Jumper. Very comfy to sit on. I haven't rode it much as it is LOUD plus the torque converter clutches aren't lined up correctly. It has a straight pipe and I'm in a quiet type neighborhood. I'll be modding the pipe and adding a good muffler.
Looks like someone did some modding on the intake. It has a Walbro carb on it.

Danford1 File_004 (17).jpeg File_000 (40).jpeg File_001 (29).jpeg File_002 (20).jpeg File_003 (19).jpeg File_005 (13).jpeg

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

Looks like a newer gen animal or L06 with the ribbed block...it's not a wf head... The animals came with walbro carbs..... All the Briggs ohv engines I have built and had the only model numbers are stamped in the valve covers so identifying an engine solely on that is almost useless unless you know for sure it's the stock cover that came on the engine.

Looks like a newer gen animal or L06 with the ribbed block...it's not a wf head... The animals came with walbro carbs..... All the Briggs ohv engines I have built and had the only model numbers are stamped in the valve covers so identifying an engine solely on that is almost useless unless you know for sure it's the stock cover that came on the engine.
I'm going to look at mine. I recall there was a spot on the block that has the serial. The shroud has a sticker worth nothing, and I know there wasn't anything on the valve cover of mine. You're right, that head is different--there was a post in this sub forum on telling the difference between the heads.

The head will say "animal" on the on it. Look for it. If the fan shroud is heavier/ thicker than the common ones that is also an animal part. Typically the animal valve cover is black though.

The head does say Animal on it.
Creia, as far as PERFORMANCE, I haven't ridden it much. The torque converter bolts are loose at the block plus the clutches don't line up correctly. The little I did ride it, it seemed powerful. I couldn't/didn't want to rip on it though.
It has a straight pipe that is Loud. I need to muffle it before I start running it hard.

I pulled the clutches and torque converter bracket off the engine. I figured out what needs to be done to align things. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next couple days to fix it and ride it.

Anyone have an Animal block cover that is off the engine? I'd like to see a picture of the backside of it. I want to see the webbing cast into it etc.

Thanks
Danford1

If I was home I could help you out with lots of pictures. I have several animal motors and have built and raced them for several years. I'll be back home in a couple weeks. I'm sure I can help you out.

If I was home I could help you out with lots of pictures. I have several animal motors and have built and raced them for several years. I'll be back home in a couple weeks. I'm sure I can help you out.
Thank you for the offer, but a couple weeks is just too long.
I'm sure I can find my answer very soon. If need be, I can pull mine off and look at it but thought someone would have one laying around. My luck, I'd have oil everywhere and a torn gasket. I don't have any spare gaskets nor more oil at the moment.

Danford1

The head does say Animal on it.
Creia, as far as PERFORMANCE, I haven't ridden it much. The torque converter bolts are loose at the block plus the clutches don't line up correctly. The little I did ride it, it seemed powerful. I couldn't/didn't want to rip on it though.
It has a straight pipe that is Loud. I need to muffle it before I start running it hard.

I pulled the clutches and torque converter bracket off the engine. I figured out what needs to be done to align things. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next couple days to fix it and ride it.

Anyone have an Animal block cover that is off the engine? I'd like to see a picture of the backside of it. I want to see the webbing cast into it etc.

Thanks
Danford1
You really ought to look at the Briggs Racing site--you'll get a lot of information. Google search found what you're looking for:

Attachments

Neck

Growing up is optional
I believe Animals and WF's use the same block, which aren't drilled for the governor shaft.

Last edited: