baja mini bike 196cc missing all throttle linkage

hello im new here, so i have a question...i bought a basketcase baja mini bike 196cc mini bike from a friend of mine for 5o bucks...the person he bought it from had taken all the throttle linkage off...so i am left with just the carb and the governor arm sticking out of the top of the engine. the person had the throttle cable hooked straight to the carb with a spring running from the top of the carb to keep some tension on the throttle cable, all the while the governor arm is just free to move about on top of the engine( it runs fine SO FAR like that, but i dont think its the safest set up)....this is my first bike like this, and i am looking for the safest way to hook the throttle back up since my 11 year old will be riding it. i dont want to take the governor out/off, but also dont want to have to find/buy all the original parts.....any advise and pics would be of great help..thanks

hello im new here, so i have a question...i bought a basketcase baja mini bike 196cc mini bike from a friend of mine for 5o bucks...the person he bought it from had taken all the throttle linkage off...so i am left with just the carb and the governor arm sticking out of the top of the engine. the person had the throttle cable hooked straight to the carb with a spring running from the top of the carb to keep some tension on the throttle cable, all the while the governor arm is just free to move about on top of the engine( it runs fine SO FAR like that, but i dont think its the safest set up)....this is my first bike like this, and i am looking for the safest way to hook the throttle back up since my 11 year old will be riding it. i dont want to take the governor out/off, but also dont want to have to find/buy all the original parts.....any advise and pics would be of great help..thanks
pm me and i'll send you most of it for just the shipping charges.i'm not sure if i'll be able to come up with the governor link,though.