bikebudy's OldMiniBikes J.F.F 2015 "Sno-Bomb"

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Spring's came in for the Parachute launcher. Perfect in every way !
I was thinking, I wasted my money and time, when the seller could not tell me what load range they were.

All I need now is a School lunch Bag made of nylon or canvas to hold the chutes.
Needs to be about the size of a plastic jug, I'll put one on the inside for a none friction affect and an Aluminum push plate.

The Only problem is that the Shaft is hardened steel. My Punch would not even mark it !

I have to drill three holes, Sheer Pin / Pull pin & Threaded hole for a Stove bolt.
Guess it will have to be a job for a machine shop.
I tried a Cobalt Drill bit on it, an it did not even levee a mark.:confused:

Problem, Machine shop says the metal is too hard. They can not drill holes into it.

SO, we are going to take regular grade steel and machine to fit the bearing. Then drilling holes and threading will not be a problem.

If need be, I can harden the shaft after all is done to it.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
On another note;

I may have just did in my Drag bike project ( sort of )?

I have the Money to build the frame but, instead I'm getting a part made for my tubing bender.

There is about 12 or more guys that want CAT Slingshot sissy bars an I don't have the die to make them.

SO, I have asked the machinist to make me the die, thus taking away the money for the frame of the drag bike.
Oh well, I'll now be able to help more people with their sissy bar needs.

Die will cost about 300.00 , I guess a small price for all the people it will help out and it will help me make other bars too.
I'll keep at the Drag Bike Project but, It may not get done in time for the build off.

So unless pisc stop coming in, I'm still in. For now..

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks OND, but its not like I can't use the die an it will help others in the long run.

Its a special twin die set-up I thought of. It will be 5/8 on the inside.

Then a step up to 7/8. The 5/8 will have a 4 1/2 radius and the 7/8 at 5 - 5 1/4 radius .

The step-up will be used as a frame bender for 3/4 to 7/8" tubing.

The 7/8 part of this will mark whatever tube that's being bent because of the inner 5/8 notch, but that's ok.
The frame bending will be just for me anyway. Should also make for a good mini header pipe bender ? we'll see.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Everyone is doing so well on Their Projects, an here I am freezing my nose hairs.

Can't wait for spring, Or at least some warmer Temps.

So, all in all my Progress has been NIL.

I'm even still waiting on the work at the Machine Shop. He says Monday or Tuesday.

So The Amount I have Done.

So The Amount I have Done.

I hear ya Cory. I have a cold garage and some work to be done and even with the salamander I don't want to be out there ...

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
OK ?? HOW BIG IS MY HORSE SHOE ??

Well, I'll tell ya,

I went an had a new bending pully made for making the Slingshot and Elinimator sissy bars.

Also, had to get some shafts machiened down for the Parachute launcher. I was guessing 300.00 to do the job.

Well it was 5 hrs at 60.00 an Hr.

He only charged me 100.00 ! I even tried to give him 200.00 and he said no. ! !

He just said " I want to treat you well on this one" ! ? I'm still in shock, LOL :freakout: