Bonanza Chopper

I am looking to buy this Bonanza. I believe it is a CR410. But the seller swears it is a CR500 with the original Hodaka engine taken out, and a white tecumseh put in it.

Is there any way to tell if it was originally a Hodaka powered CR500? Any extra brackets or different engine mounts? I think it is a CR410 with the original Tecumseh. I would like the opinions of some of you Bonanza guys here. I really want it. He is asking a pretty penny for it, but I think it is worth it.

Last edited:
Rigaman
It could very well be a CR410 Should it be a CR500 there would have been mounting brackets for the Hodaka motor. There is a chance there may be tell tail signs on the engine plate.. and the existance of where the motor mount would have been bolted to the bikes engine plate.
On a side note the wheels are incorrect for either the CR410 or the CR500
Good luck:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I thought the wheels didnt look right. The rims looked way bigger than they should.

Those chopper wheels are hard to find right That wont be easy finding a nice set.

That CR500 is so nice! I found a local guy with a Hodaka Ace100 bike with a spare engine for sale. Im trying to work a deal on it now. Although, it will probably need rebuilding.

Then, the search will be on for the correct wheels, exhaust, head light, tank, etc...

Thanks for the info and pics!!

Last edited:
The Bonanza's are so small that they are tough to ride , but very cool to look at

If your looking for a chopper to ride buy a Sensation , they look nice and are comfortable to ride . I have two of the Bonanza Choppers and a Sensation . The Bonanza's frames are rather poorly made on the two I have compared to the Sensation Chopper .

Oh I know. With the handle bars angled back like that, it doesnt leave much room for me. I am a big guy too. (not tall) haha. But hefty.. Maybe Husky. haha.

Keep the Chopper pics coming. Bonanza or not.. I love to see them. Those CR500s you guys posted are stunning.

Bayareaburrito, I am sure I will be contacting you for those wheels. For other info on these too. Thanks for helping me out! This forum really is a great place.

hahah, i would like to have one but after sitting on one, i dont think i could ride it with out whipping out a few times lol. Im sure mine would have speed forks real quick lol.

buckeye

I was going to buy one and have it shipped. After reading about them and actually seeing how small they are, I passed on a beauty.

jrzmac

I saw a Lil Indian Chopper yesterday at the swap meet. as a matter of fact, it was LilIndianChopper's Lil Indian Chopper!!!!! I was shocked at how big it was. compared to the Bonanza and Ruttman's, the thing is a huge. The best part is you can still get them as a kit! they ain't cheap, but after seeing that one yesterday, I think it might be worth it!